“The Milkshakes!!”

Ranked #1,307 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: Lexington Candy Shop is the last remaining authentic NYC Luncheonette established and family owned since 1925 and serving breakfast, lunch, and classic American fare all day! For drinks - serving THE best milkshakes, malts, egg creams, fresh squeezed juices, and THE best lemonade! For breakfast- serving eggs made in pans, cinnamon walnut french toast and pancakes. For lunch- serving angus burgers, sliders, and sandwiches including a great grilled cheese and chicken salad. Kid friendly! Open 7am-7pm mon-sat and on sunday 8am- 6 pm. Located just 3 blocks from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Come take a step back in time!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The Milkshakes!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

The Milkshakes are real oldschool 60' I love them! Time has stopt in 1960 in this resraurant and that is postive and negative together... It is worth to go to the Candy Shop if you are around but don't travel a lot for it...

• Greek first
Carlisle, PA
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were on our way to the Met Museum, and we made sure we stopped in here for breakfast. Anyone who doesn't like the Candy Shop probably thinks re-runs of the Honeymooners are stupid. It reminds me of a drug store in my little town outside Philly when growing up. But don't go for the nostalgia (although that's a good reason. There are few places I go where I get freshly squeezed OJ outside of a farmer's market. We both had the French toast. Great. Get the maple syrup. One container is enough for two people. I ate with a photo of Woody Allen looking down on me. I really wanted a milkshake, but I figured they wouldn't let me take it into the museum. I'll go back.

• Visited December 2013
Callicoon, New York
“pleasant memories relived”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

As a child, the trip to the doctor from the Bronx to Manhattan, was made tolerable to a 7 year old when we ended the injection laden trip with a stop off at this luncheonette. The look, the smells, the feelings, were brought back to my accidentally when rediscovering this gem a few months ago, The food, good old fashioned luncheonette fare, has become became my madeleine. I've been stopping by a few times a month to relive my youth and get a decent burger and shake.
Thanks for the memories

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank stenquist1
Nelson, Canada
“Great food! Friendly staff!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had a nice, tasty dinner here. Love the old decor from the 50s & 60s, classic diner all the way through. If you are watching your weight then don't come here. Prices are reasonable & the staff is friendly. Love going to places that step back in time. Easy to get to. Try it out!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank deepseadinko
New York City, New York
1,166 restaurant reviews
“my neighborhood breakfast place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff knows the regulars but newcomers are welcome. They are very accommodating and the food is always top notch. The fresh squeezed juices and wonderful French toast make this a great breakfast spot especially on the weekend when you can linger.

Visited July 2013