“Old School Dining”
Review of Pietro's

Pietro's
Ranked #1,470 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Old School Dining”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Pietro's on a Friday night. We were seated immediately even though we didn't have reservations. The restaurant atmosphere was authentic Italian, as if you were stepping back into time a couple of decades. In fact, there was a newspaper article on the wall featuring the coat lady because she'd been there for 42 years. When I commented on the article, she smiled and said she'd been there 43 years now! There were several larger parties enjoying dinner and conversation. My wife ordered a shrimp dish, and even though it didn't come with pasta, the waiter said it would not be a problem for the chef to add the penne pasta she wanted. The shrimp were huge and her dish was delicious. I had the red snapper. It was good, but not as tasty as my wife's shrimp. This is not a trendy spot; it's an old-school restaurant that serves good food.

• Visited December 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Restaurant Not To Be Missed”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Revisiting a favored place brought renewed pleasure. We became part of New Yorkers after work: the finest food and comradery. Veal piccota and shrimp scampi were fabulous. Service was professional and friendly. Dinner with appetizer, shared desert and a half-bottle of wine was $158.

• Visited December 2013
NC
“Unforgettable evening”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We popped in without reservations, and got a table in the bar area very promptly. We weren't looking for swank, but we were looking for excellent food and better service. This was a birthday celebration from my kids, and our waiter, the manager, and our fabulous bartender kept rounds rolling in on the house. Truly coud not have asked for a better night!

Visited December 2013
New York, New York, United States
“A Good Old School Italian”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The place is a throwback to the 1950s (and the decor feels like it is from the 50s). That being said, the service was terrific and the food was even better. This is an old-fashioned stick-to-your ribs Italian joint. The baked clams were sensational and the shrimp fra diavalo was really, really good. Nothing new or inventive here - just solid "red-sauce" Italian!

• Visited October 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Italian Old School”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for old school Italian, this is the place. It has a no frills decor, but the service is impeccable and the food outstanding!! I took a SVP client of mine here for dinner a few weeks back. He seemed unimpressed as I'm sure his typical business dinner is Capital Grill or some other overrated, overpriced restaurant. I told him I choose it based on reviews. He ordered a veal dish as did I -- it arrived and I couldn't believe how amazing it was, provably the best veal saltimboco I've ever had ! He nearly licked his plate clean and proceeded to say how much he enjoyed his dinner! I talk to him weekly and he still talks about his dinner and says how much he enjoyed it!! Try it, you'll love it too!!