“Excellent food for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Sichuan - CLOSED

Grand Sichuan
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Excellent food for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I went along with a few friends for a business lunch. The restaurant is very nice with friendly staff, I had a fried rice-the right amount of spice and brought up very quick. It's value for money, you can have a good lunch for under 10 dollars in heart of NYC. I will recommend it and will go back again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Abhay0007

ny
“Grand Sichuan Chinatown- the redheaded stepdaughter of Grand Sichuan Chelsea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

The main dishes were all decent but vaguely disappointing. The kitchen is actually downstairs and dishes arrive via a dumbwaiter system. I imagine it's a lonely and dark existence down there in that basement, which might account for the lack of love our dishes received. There was nothing noticeably wrong with anything, but that's no great compliment either. For mains courses, we chose sesame beef, Kung Po chicken, braised beef filet in Szechuan sauce, sauteed water spinach and sauteed string beans. The braised beef was a spicy, oily, stew served on a bed of Chinese cabbage and was the most handsome and the best dish of a middling bunch, but it still lacked star power.

For more info and pics check out http://mylifeinnoodles.blogspot.com/2011/07/grand-sichuan-chinatown-redheaded.html

Visited October 2011
New York
“It was an good restaurant a few years ago but now it`s mainly commercial”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

I have vistited the restaurant before a few years and a couple of days ago the last time and there a lot od things which have changed for the worse in this time. The food was now overpriced in my eyes and the service was never really good. The quality of the food has also changed. There a many better chinese restaurants out of there. In my eyes they loók to much on their profit and not so much on high-grade food.

Dallas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

I went to this location on 7/26/09. Being a fan of chinese food, I had really high hopes that I was about to have an experience I hadn't had before....I did not....don't get me wrong, It was good basic chinese food but, nothing that I hadn't had 1000 times before...

Baltimore, Maryland
“Anyplace that serves frog interests me, especially when it is tender and not fishy. This place hits that mark. Nice...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Anyplace that serves frog interests me, especially when it is tender and not fishy. This place hits that mark. Nice dan dan noodles and ma pa tofu. Anything with the wild peppers is a must try. The food is spicy, but the heat is not overwhelming. But don't go if you are in a hurry.