“Average, Homogenized Thai Food”

Beyond Thai Kitchen
Ranked #8,388 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I hesitated a little giving this one 3 stars. I allowed the 3 stars as I didn't want to be overly critical. I ordered the Pad Thai w/beef, pineapple fried rice w/beef and shared the scallion pancakes, the latter of which was rather greasy but had decent flavor. The Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice were ok, not real flavorful. My partner's crispy duck salad was neither crispy, read: rubbery, and not very flavorful either. This is Americanized Thai that left us wishing we went the extra mile to find more authentic fare. Even with the pouring rain outside, we wished we would have at least made the effort to get to Katz's Delicatessen. If you need a quick and average at best bite, OK, if you're looking for authentic or something to remember, look elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Beyond Thai Kitchen

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a small restaurant, so maybe takeout is the way to go, but we had a good meal here. It is definitely affordable, and with nice portions too. There was no food here that was out of the ordinary, but I was in the mood for Thai and it did the job.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

What attracted me to this little spot was the lunch specials. I wasn't impressed with the taste or quality of their food. I've tried them about four times in a period of two years and there hasn't been any change.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Great little place to come after wondering Greenwich Village all day. Food is good and inexpensive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook