“This place stole my heart!!”

Dive Bar Restaurant
Ranked #3,698 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Description: Welcome to Dive Bar, the place to be on the Upper West Side! Conveniently located on the southwest corner of 96th Street and Amsterdam Avenue, we have something for everyone to enjoy. Come in and try one of our phenomenal daily specials, or order something delicious from our permanent menu. At Dive Bar, we have a huge selection of on tap beer and growlers- glass bottled filled with draft beer to bring home- that is constantly being updated. We specialize in Craft Beer and have 30 taps, as well as 2 Cask Conditioned Taps. Try your favorite or try them all, and don't forget to take a look at our extensive scotch, bourbon and tequila menus. We also have a wide variety of delicious snacks and substance, including dive burgers, sandwiches and all day breakfast available at our late night kitchen-open til 2 AM! From trivia to sports to music, all three Dive Bar locations have events nearly every night. Stop by to watch your favorite team play on one of our 14 televisions, and stay tuned for news on upcoming events and live music!
Wodonga, Australia
“This place stole my heart!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love this place, it is exactly what I want out of a bar and bosts some of the best grub in NYC!! The bar is everything that NYC is, I mean everything!!! Classy Cocktails, made by cool cool Bar Staff... Food that is just beyond belief, my favourite thing there was the Wings and the Dani Burger..... Ohhhh I don't know if they still do it but they did a free plate of Mussels on Friday, just grab a seat and a beer and you'll get a free feed!!

• Visited February 2013

Freeport, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool Bar”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

As the weather in NYC cant makeup its mind... we were playing kickball nearby... We sat outside as a group... The Beer selections is huge.

• Visited October 2013
New York City
“Best bar on the UWS”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Really good pub food, an excellent selection of beers, scotches, etc. and a fantastic atmosphere make this the best bar on the UWS. I've been coming here for 25 years.

• Visited October 2013
Solomons, Maryland, United States
“When in New York.....”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend who grew up in neighborhood took me to the Dive Bar on St Patty's Day....Wow! An authentic Irish bar filled with Irish families celebrating their favorite holiday! I lost track after 7 hours of fine beer, traditional Irish repast served free of charge, raucous banter and just plain fun. I think I was only person not related to anyone, but feel like I was after joining in on the celebration!

Visited August 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Best bar in the neighborhood”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

"It's the best bar in this neighbourhood" said some guys i met the first night. They have lots and lots of beer from around the world, both on tap, and also in the bottle. There's Australian Coopers, Gluten Free choices , and kombucha as well. I Had a local Chatham maple amber ale. Brewed in a maple cask so it's served room temperature. Then had left hand nitro milk stout from Colorado. Great locals bar. Every time I go there I find someone to chat to. I've got my best advice of what to do in NYC from locals at this bar! From what I've seen, I really do think its the best bar/pub in the upper west side. Happy hour starts 5pm weekdays. It gets busy around 7 so go earlier if you want a seat.

• Visited June 2013