“When in New York.....”

Ranked #4,030 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Description: Welcome to Dive Bar, the place to be on the Upper West Side! Conveniently located on the southwest corner of 96th Street and Amsterdam Avenue, we have something for everyone to enjoy. Come in and try one of our phenomenal daily specials, or order something delicious from our permanent menu. At Dive Bar, we have a huge selection of on tap beer and growlers- glass bottled filled with draft beer to bring home- that is constantly being updated. We specialize in Craft Beer and have 30 taps, as well as 2 Cask Conditioned Taps. Try your favorite or try them all, and don't forget to take a look at our extensive scotch, bourbon and tequila menus. We also have a wide variety of delicious snacks and substance, including dive burgers, sandwiches and all day breakfast available at our late night kitchen-open til 2 AM! From trivia to sports to music, all three Dive Bar locations have events nearly every night. Stop by to watch your favorite team play on one of our 14 televisions, and stay tuned for news on upcoming events and live music!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend who grew up in neighborhood took me to the Dive Bar on St Patty's Day....Wow! An authentic Irish bar filled with Irish families celebrating their favorite holiday! I lost track after 7 hours of fine beer, traditional Irish repast served free of charge, raucous banter and just plain fun. I think I was only person not related to anyone, but feel like I was after joining in on the celebration!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

"It's the best bar in this neighbourhood" said some guys i met the first night. They have lots and lots of beer from around the world, both on tap, and also in the bottle. There's Australian Coopers, Gluten Free choices , and kombucha as well. I Had a local Chatham maple amber ale. Brewed in a maple cask so it's served room temperature. Then had left hand nitro milk stout from Colorado. Great locals bar. Every time I go there I find someone to chat to. I've got my best advice of what to do in NYC from locals at this bar! From what I've seen, I really do think its the best bar/pub in the upper west side. Happy hour starts 5pm weekdays. It gets busy around 7 so go earlier if you want a seat.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

There are other places called The Dive Bar ... but this very fine establishment is the one located at 732 Amsterdam Avenue (near West 96 Street and steps from my home). Under my nose for years, I was walking by with two friends a couple of years ago, when Robin announced, "I'm hungry! Let's eat here." So ... we did. We had three orders of their Mussels, Fries and Beer special -- and I've been going back ever since! Multiple visits have not dimmed my appreciation. On a recent (last weekend) stop with another friend who, after I introduced him to the place has become a pretty steady customer, I enjoyed a great salad platter and a Hoegaarden beer, which I found to be terrific. The owner (I did not know him at this point) was in the place and overheard me extolling the mussels specials to other customers seated nearby. (Hey! If the place is good, I do things like that!) He took time to come over to our table and chat for a bit ... thanking me for my "endorsement" of his bar/restaurant. I certainly have no hesitation in recommending this place -- one proviso, the noise level can get a tad too "advanced" at times -- for its terrific service, food and value!
An additional comment about the service: in multiple visits, I have only once had a waitress who was inattentive. I haven't noticed her in the place since. But all the other servers have been extremely good!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My daughter lives one block from the Dive Bar and I insist on stopping at least once when we visit. Great selection of tap beers. They list where the brews are from, a taste description and the ABV%. Makes it easy or hard to make a selection. Also have wine by glass and mixed drinks

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just arrived in the city and this was the closet bar to our gaff. We were so well looked after by Alex from Siberia ( better than St Petersberg - always cold drizzle rain there) for a few early afternoon drinks we decided to return for the evening. They ordered food in for us ( pulled pork and chicken caesar) from another location.
Good drinks, atmosphere and food, Enjoyed our time here in the Dive Bar ! Thanks !