“Excellent Thai restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: between Broome and Spring Street
Transit: C/E,Spring Street * 6,Spring Street * N/R,Prince Street * 1,Canal Street
Description: A poised Thai inspired design of dark wood, swags of jewel toned silk, and an orchid filled reflecting pool, set the scene for Kittichai's cutting edge take on authentic Thai cuisine. Outdoor dining on Kittichai's patio terraces, seasonal. Visit Thom Bar, 60 Thompson’s mezzanine lounge, for cocktails before dinner or later in the evening for Kittichai’s bar menu. Michelin Guide, 2011 "Kittichai romances you with its setting and elegant cuisine...try one of the chefs tasting menus, where you get a sampling of the signature dishes at terrific value, served family style" / "Best New American Restaurants" Travel+Leisure / "Hot Tables", Conde Nast Traveler / "Best New Asian Restaurants" Food + Wine.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is my second visit to Kittichai. It was every bit as good as I remembered it several years ago. The restaurant has a nice romantic atmosphere, with dim lighting and quick service. In fact, I would have liked for the meal to have taken just a little more time before arriving. We were enjoying our wine when the food came out rather quickly. Our server was very attentive and professional. I would highly recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Kittichai

Reviewed November 22, 2013

So fantastic good thaifood with wonderful service, beautiful restaurant with a genuin thai feeling. You forget you are in NY! I will for sure return to have the most excellent chicken with currt I ever tasted!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Kittichai is a beautiful, dark restaurant festooned with orchids (in glass jars along the walls, suspended from the ceiling above a swirling candlelit reflecting pool) located in the 60 Thompson hotel. We chose to have an early tasting menu dinner, knowing that as the evening progresses the place gets filled with lots of model-types, or at least folks looking to look like model-types.

We go for the interesting, creative Thai dishes and lovely quiet (before the crowds) atmosphere. It is appreciated that they offer nicely crafted non-alcoholic drinks as well as a nice array of cocktails as well. Favorites dishes at our table were the prawn cakes and the pork buns, but most everything was really good. I didn't care for the mahi mahi in green curry as I found it to be too hot and uni-dimensional. The two desserts were OK, but not up to the caliber of the rest of the meal.

Service was fairly good. As the tasting menu is served family-style, we had to ask for serving spoons for each of the dishes (this should have been just brought out with the food). The busboy was great with refilling water glasses, but sometimes we had to flag down our server when we wanted to order another beverage. If you're concerned, while there is the model-esque atmosphere, there is no snooty-esque attitude with the wait staff.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ditto to what my friend, Celeste B reviewed for this upscale beautiful restaurant. We went during restaurant week and I already knew that we would get small portions that would be tasty so we needed to eat slow. :-) The decor is gorgeous and felt ritzy. For an appetizer, I had the duck salad that was delicious but I wish I had ordered the ribs because my friend had them and they were scrumptious. For the entree, I had the braised pork cheek with buns, that were just okay. The buns came in handy to fill me due to the small portions. For dessert, I had the chocolate cake with icecream that was tasty. Service was exceptional and the staff (a lot of young handsome men) treated us respectfully and were very attentive.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food and drinks were great, the place is fantastic. Very kind people. The outside place is very romantic.