“Excellent stay in the heart of trendy SoHo”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Broome

The Broome
Ranked #7 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent stay in the heart of trendy SoHo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the Broome for 4 nights at the end of June, and we loved it. The small, cosy hotel really makes you feel at home, and having a room with access from the patio balcony, it really felt like our little private "pied à terre" in NY.
If a friend asked me :" I saw this hotel "The Broome" online, should I book it ?" I would answer : "definitely, go for it !".

So, being pragmatic, the positive points :
- It's very well situated, at the corner of Broome and Broadway, which makes it easy to explore the city, and gives you the feeling you belong
- Staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful (maybe just at the exception of the guy in charge at breakfast, who did not look like he was eager to help at all, and a bit slow to serve you...). They helped us as much as possible when we needed assistance for booking, or directions
- The room, while a bit too dark, was very nice furnished, very clean, drawers gave plenty of space to unpack, the bed was super comfortable, bathroom wasn't big, but big enough (isn't it always the case in big cities where space is precious ?), toiletries were surprisingly nice (shower gel, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner, all smelling super nice, and in big bottles, so you have more than enough for 2)
- Available for purchase in the room where painkillers, which I never saw before in an hotel. A little touch very useful when you wake up with an headache, and realize you forgot to pack yours.

On the negative side :
- Food at breakfast could be a bit more abundant (not smoked salmon left at 8:30 AM on the first morning - a Sunday - while Breakfast was open until 11:00 AM, and no apology from the waiter...), and service more attentive/quicker (I usually notice that service is too slow when I suddenly wonder where is my order - coffee, orange juice...- in the middle of my meal).
- The door steps are quite steep, and make dragging your suitcase inside a bit difficult, but it's a detail (except if you have difficulties walking, of course).

So to sum it up : a pretty nice little cosy place in a very big city. Go for it !

Room Tip: Patio rooms are very nice, with an independent entry.
6 Thank Maimai0210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at the Broome last weekend during a trip to NYC with my girlfriend, during which I proposed to her. I called the Broome ahead of time and told them about my plan, and they were more than happy to accommodate requests I had in order to make the weekend special.

The room was great - it had a walkway overlooking their courtyard just outside it with a little table set up so that we could sit and talk while enjoying the outdoors. The bed was comfortable and the room very nice. The courtyard was cozy and pretty, and the walkways overlooking it were lined with flowers.

The staff went above and beyond to help make the weekend great. They set up framed pictures of my girlfriend and I (that I had mailed to them) in the room ahead of when we checked in, as well as printed off a picture for me mid trip and added it to the room. They also had great suggestions for places to eat/drink nearby (there were tons due to the great location in SoHo).

The rooms aren't cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I would recommend the Broome to anyone!

2 Thank NMN91
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The Broome has a very friendly, homely feel about it, so if that's what you are looking for then it's a good place to stay.
Pros
The free breakfast is excellent, the granola in particular was superb.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, don't expect formality or loads of staff (but it's a small hotel ), but I like that.
Location good, just off Broadway (but you can work that out yourself !)
Very comfortable beds and stylish decor
Free wifi
Very good bathroom products

Cons
Our room was small by NY standards, there was simply not enough hanging space for 2 people, I would say 18" of useable rail.
Gym:I had read there was an arrangement with NYSC, which is sort of true, I was given a "promotion" style free pass, which worked fine, but I could only use that once, after that it was $10 a time. Whether this is really a "con" or not, is up to you to decide, but the facts should be known.
I couldn't work out whether the walls were thin or the guy next door was simply a massively loud snorer.
I liked The Broome, but not sure I would stay there for more than a weekend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank browny0508
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I've stayed at The Broome several times since it opened. Each time it gets better and better. It boasts the best location in soho, great service and sweet little rooms. I feel like I'm staying in my own little apt in soho! Treat yourself to the penthouse room me enjoy the rooftop deck!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Sinzalaco
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Delightful new small boutique hotel on Broome street in So-Soho. Has the character of a family run, yet modern, European influenced inn. Rooms are spacious (for NYC) and very well appointed. Complimentary delightful continental breakfast and internet, friendly service, location are the highlights. For the gym lovers, free access to NYSClub (5 minutes away) is available. Still a few kinks (internet went down a lot, spurious fire alarms) to work out, but generally a definite winner. The only things I did not care for was the 11.00am check-out time with a $50 per additional hour charge, and the view (room 42) was not great.

1 Thank mojo2018babushka
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in NYC, but the Broome by far has made a great impression on me. The "feel at home" environment was very soothing. The staff was super friendly and made every attempt to make the stay even better. The rooms are roomy, the decor is great and the beds are so comfortable I didn't want to leave. This is a hotel I would surely recommend to others and have nothing but good to say about it. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Victoria S
Lambertville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel - it's charming and beautiful and the service was wonderful! The rooms were clean and comfortable. I cannot wait to stay here again - it is truly one of the loveliest places to stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo