We stayed at the Broome for 4 nights at the end of June, and we loved it. The small, cosy hotel really makes you feel at home, and having a room with access from the patio balcony, it really felt like our little private "pied à terre" in NY.
If a friend asked me :" I saw this hotel "The Broome" online, should I book it ?" I would answer : "definitely, go for it !".
So, being pragmatic, the positive points :
- It's very well situated, at the corner of Broome and Broadway, which makes it easy to explore the city, and gives you the feeling you belong
- Staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful (maybe just at the exception of the guy in charge at breakfast, who did not look like he was eager to help at all, and a bit slow to serve you...). They helped us as much as possible when we needed assistance for booking, or directions
- The room, while a bit too dark, was very nice furnished, very clean, drawers gave plenty of space to unpack, the bed was super comfortable, bathroom wasn't big, but big enough (isn't it always the case in big cities where space is precious ?), toiletries were surprisingly nice (shower gel, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner, all smelling super nice, and in big bottles, so you have more than enough for 2)
- Available for purchase in the room where painkillers, which I never saw before in an hotel. A little touch very useful when you wake up with an headache, and realize you forgot to pack yours.
On the negative side :
- Food at breakfast could be a bit more abundant (not smoked salmon left at 8:30 AM on the first morning - a Sunday - while Breakfast was open until 11:00 AM, and no apology from the waiter...), and service more attentive/quicker (I usually notice that service is too slow when I suddenly wonder where is my order - coffee, orange juice...- in the middle of my meal).
- The door steps are quite steep, and make dragging your suitcase inside a bit difficult, but it's a detail (except if you have difficulties walking, of course).
So to sum it up : a pretty nice little cosy place in a very big city. Go for it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of New York City’s downtown is a one-of-a-kind hotel. Just turn the corner from SOHO’s celebrated shops and cafes, enter the doors where the staff greets you by name, and find yourself on our peaceful, secluded patio for refreshments and a heavenly view to the sky above. This architectural gem offers guests a rare pause in this exciting city. Welcome to The Broome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Broome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.