“Just the right touch” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Broome
Ranked #8 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Just the right touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

A hidden jewel in SOHO. Everything is thoughtful here: the design, the bedding, the internet connectivity, the courtyard, etc. Functional and tasteful. No frills but an immediate feeling of being at home away from home. Great location too! Might just be my new base fro my NYC trips.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sasha S, General Manager at The Broome, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
RupertEB,

Thank you so much for noticing our thoughtful amenities. We're so glad to hear you've made The Broome your official NYC destination!

Until next time,
Sasha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would highly recommend this nice little hotel in the heart of Soho. Great location, great service, great room, great people. very friendly. Small and trendy. I felt like at home. don't hesitate! :-)

Room Tip: the penthouse is magical! great light and beautiful terrace.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank v s
Sasha S, General Manager at The Broome, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
V S,

We can't wait to welcome you back "home"! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

The owners really nailed it with this wonderful new Soho boutique hotel. Rooms are tastefully decorated, linens are of high quality (very important to me) and the vibe is super cool. This is my new go to boutique in New York.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JohnD,

Thank you for appointing us your new go-to -- we're flattered! We'll see you soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellent experience.
Very nice rooms, big enough, fully equipped, nicely furnished and quiet.
Extremely nice and helpful staff (being a German and saying this about French.... is a REAL compliment :-)
Early check in? No problem. Late check out? Matter of course.
WiFi on the rooms is free (not a matter of course in NY).
I asked for an iron. Staff immediately offered to iron my two shirts as a courtesy (nothing charged).
I will certainly come again.
Jochen L.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms in the patio are slightly more expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jochen L
Sasha S, General Manager at The Broome, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Jochen,

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us as one of our very first guests! Thank you for passing along the word about your wonderful experience at The Broome. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to NY.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I travel to New York quite often and I'm always trying new hotels. After my first stay at The Broome, within weeks I had to come back. This inviting, intimate hotel has a French Parisian feel to it. The concept was well executed from the staff uniforms to the quaint French cafe in the back. Adorning the hotel walls were amazing works of art. It was great to see local artists promoted, including one of my favorites, Keith Haring. I was lucky enough to stay in a gorgeous suite. The room and bathroom were very cozy, quiet, and spacious and provided all the amenities needed. The generous staff were extremely attentive and welcoming. The personal touches did not go unnoticed, upon arrival I received a hand written note from management welcoming me back. The location is absolutely amazing, sitting right in the heart of SoHo close to great shopping and trendy restaurants. This was a very cool and stylish hotel, I can wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Pat202
Pat202,

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad you had the chance to experience a bit of Paris in NY, at The Broome.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Although I do live in Manhattan, a proper stay-cation is a must every once in a while! I have been anticipating the opening of The Broome for quite some time now. I was a frequent patron of L'orange Bleu the restaurant that sat on the corner of Broome and Crosby for years and years which was owned by the same team. I walked by and made a reservation during their opening week and I am so glad I did. What a beautiful hotel! One step off of bustling Broome Street and your transported into another world. More like a B&B, perfectly appointed rooms with double pane sound proofed windows and all the proper amenities that any luxury hotel should have, robes and slippers, wet bar, WiFi, and a decadent bed. I celebrated a special occasion there and mentioned that when I booked the room. When we returned from our dinner at Isola Trattoria and Crudo Bar around the corner (which was phenomenal) their was a personalized note and a bottle of bubbly in the room from Sasha, the General Manager. What a nice touch, personalized service in a city with so many hotels is hard to come by. We met Sasha the following morning in the breakfast room, where she set us up with latte's and fresh baked croissants. We also met the owners who were hanging some last minute art, they have an incredible rotating selection featuring neighborhood artists and a few big names hanging on the walls like Basquiat and Keith Haring- just wow! I found in this property what I have been longing for in others...attention to detail, simplicity, comfort and convenience. There is no better neighborhood in the city for shopping and eats and The Broome is the perfect place to lay your hat afterwards.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the interior courtyard which was pretty and even had a little balcony to drink...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RachelSoleil
RachelSoliel,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and glowing review of The Broome! We were so happy to have you celebrate such a special occasion with us. Until next time!