“One of the bests hostels I've been”

American Dream Hostel
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“One of the bests hostels I've been”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Location: good enough. From the hostel you can go everywhere walking. I prefer this location rather than one near the Central Park where everything is more quiet.
People: except for one of the ladies that is not so friendly, every person working there is kind and helpful.
Rooms&Beds: Rooms are quite small, but, what are you waiting for? Beds are perfect and comfortable. With AC in them.
Bathrooms: Perfectly cleaned, nice. It was a pleasure to take a shower there.
Cleaning: It was perfectly cleaned, you can see people working the whole day.
Breakfast: amazing. Even though you have a fixed time to have breakfast, you can serve yourself all the things you have there at any time. And they have really tasteful things.
Lunch/Dinner: this is the wrong part. You can have lunch/dinner there, but you cannot cook!!!!!!!!
Others: It has laundry. The hostel looks like a hotel, nice and silent rooms. And I love the design they have in the entire place!!!
Maybe it is a little expensive, but you won't regret going there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank EugeniaRP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
leicester uk
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Not a big review, the location is brilliant, right in the heart of everything, people who ran it were friendly enough, although travellers aren't encouraged to interact much there, which didn't bother me as I'm not one to be particularly social. They put on a nice breakfast spread and provided you with fresh towels and blankets, bathrooms always seemed to be clean, perhaps not enough toilets per floor, but you get what you pay for! They had a cute cat which scared me jumping out of the toilet in the middle of the night, it was a big fuss pot though! :) oh and take ear plugs and eye mask if your a light sleeper, as I said its in the heart of manhattan!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank vickychris09
Limoges, France
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got there at 2pm,Staff was friendly,couldn't wait to accept our cash ,we paid a 2 bed,room,shared bathroom was quite clean,but the towel were really dirty, thankfully we brought are own.One thing,the room was smellying a weird odor,mix of transpiration and humidity,and we couldn't open the window.
Breakfast is cool,very cosy,a wide variety of fruits,juices,an cereals
24/7 no curfew,staff is ok.
15min away from the metro,could be closer.
There is a storage room for your baggage.
The cheapest you can have in new york.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeanmarc1234
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights & got bed bug bites every night in the 4 bed mixed dorm. Management were extremelpy rude to deal with. When I asked for a new towel I was given a used towel that was dirty. At $60-$70 / night this hostel is way overpriced for it's quality - stay clear of it.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank MarcFromAustralia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The overall atmosphere of this hostel was great! The staff were all really outgoing and eager to take us out to the local bar. If we needed directions or recommendations, everyone was more than willing to give their two cents. The facilities were really clean and I loved that you had internet access 24/7. I would highly recommend this hostel to any backpacker looking to stay in nyc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm Brazilian, travelled alone to NYC in oct 2011 and stayed at this hostel. I only had recommendations of reviews from TripAdvisor and it ended up being a great choice! Sth i'm always worried about when I stay at hostels is the bathroom and I was quiet lucky with this hostel, there were 4 other girls in the room I was in and we shared the bath with another room on the other side of the wall, which seemed odd at first, but didn't compromise my staying and my comfort at all. The beds were great, I could sleep very weel. The climate was cool in the weeks I was there, so I didn't hv problems like getting too hot or too cold inside the room. What I most liked about this place is the location which is excellent! Wonderfull neighbourhood, subway stations two blocks from the hostel, lots of restaurants and pubs around, quiet away from the tourist mess of times square, near the cool low east side of Manhattan, it is an amazing location!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Mariana R
Mooloolaba
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in June 2012.
Location great with Subway only one block away.
Reception friendly and helpful and to confirm that Breakfast is a bonus. All sorts of items and Waffles - Quality - Gracias Raphael
Room that we had big enough for two of us and very clean. Air con if needed included
Shower and toilets clean too and would definately recommend.
Will also stay again if we are in NY in future.
Local pubs and food shops / delis very close

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple