American Dream Hostel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$130
$98
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$143
$132
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
Hilton.com
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$215
$173
$144
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$186
$134
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbagelsflatiron buildingbathrooms and showersmadison square parkbunk bedsgenerous breakfastfresh fruitbreakfast was amazingbasic channelsheavy luggagefree breakfastbudget staygreat locationnew yorkan extra blanketbring earplugsno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Not a big review, the location is brilliant, right in the heart of everything, people who ran it were friendly enough, although travellers aren't encouraged to interact much there, which didn't bother me as I'm not one to be particularly social. They put on a nice breakfast spread and provided you with fresh towels and blankets, bathrooms always seemed to be clean, perhaps not enough toilets per floor, but you get what you pay for! They had a cute cat which scared me jumping out of the toilet in the middle of the night, it was a big fuss pot though! :) oh and take ear plugs and eye mask if your a light sleeper, as I said its in the heart of manhattan!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank vickychris09
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got there at 2pm,Staff was friendly,couldn't wait to accept our cash ,we paid a 2 bed,room,shared bathroom was quite clean,but the towel were really dirty, thankfully we brought are own.One thing,the room was smellying a weird odor,mix of transpiration and humidity,and we couldn't open the window.
Breakfast is cool,very cosy,a wide variety of fruits,juices,an cereals
24/7 no curfew,staff is ok.
15min away from the metro,could be closer.
There is a storage room for your baggage.
The cheapest you can have in new york.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jeanmarc1234
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights & got bed bug bites every night in the 4 bed mixed dorm. Management were extremelpy rude to deal with. When I asked for a new towel I was given a used towel that was dirty. At $60-$70 / night this hostel is way overpriced for it's quality - stay clear of it.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank MarcFromAustralia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The overall atmosphere of this hostel was great! The staff were all really outgoing and eager to take us out to the local bar. If we needed directions or recommendations, everyone was more than willing to give their two cents. The facilities were really clean and I loved that you had internet access 24/7. I would highly recommend this hostel to any backpacker looking to stay in nyc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm Brazilian, travelled alone to NYC in oct 2011 and stayed at this hostel. I only had recommendations of reviews from TripAdvisor and it ended up being a great choice! Sth i'm always worried about when I stay at hostels is the bathroom and I was quiet lucky with this hostel, there were 4 other girls in the room I was in and we shared the bath with another room on the other side of the wall, which seemed odd at first, but didn't compromise my staying and my comfort at all. The beds were great, I could sleep very weel. The climate was cool in the weeks I was there, so I didn't hv problems like getting too hot or too cold inside the room. What I most liked about this place is the location which is excellent! Wonderfull neighbourhood, subway stations two blocks from the hostel, lots of restaurants and pubs around, quiet away from the tourist mess of times square, near the cool low east side of Manhattan, it is an amazing location!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo