Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,625 results
All reviews penn station times square new york ceiling fan full size fridge great hotel stove top free breakfast evening reception mini kitchen sofa bed rooftop terrace hot breakfast small kitchenette midtown manhattan the breakfast area yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I prefer Hilton brands if possible and this hotel is the reason why. Great staff and everything was easy from the moment we walked in. Beautiful room and the ideal location. Definitely will stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mark T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Homewood Suites In Midtown Manhattan We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time spent with us, i will definitely let our team know how much you appreciate all the effort we put into making your stay unforgettable. We would love to welcome you back :)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have received a really good attendance from Idris. We just got to the city and were really tired from the trip and cold. It’s so nice to start our vacation with a great service at the hotel. Thank you Idris!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Enjoy the stay. The only drawback was no pool or hot tub facility that I know of. The complementary breakfast was nice, the coffee in the lobby was available all day but late in the evening, it was often cold (just make a fresh cup in your room)

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed January 18, 2020

The hotel is located in midtown and previous reviews have helped set certain expectations for me before my trip (i.e lifts can take a while, breakfast can be overwhelmingly crowded with little space to sit). Those reviews probably helped reduce any potential disappointment I could have faced.

I was impressed with the free flow of coffee, tea and hot water in the lobby that guests can help themselves to throughout the day. The breakfast spread was limited however, it was helpful to kick start the day with some food before exploring the city. The hotel also does provide boxes for guest to take out their breakfast, and I suppose it is because of the limited seats they have (that unfortunately cannot cater for the hotel's capacity). The rooms did not feel as small as I thought it might be. The cooking area felt a bit awkward and the size of the sink was quite small so food preparation was a bit tough and we ended up only cooking breakfast on certain days.

Around the corner of the hotel was a 7-11 store and the hotel has its own "mini-mart" in the event you might want to get something from there. There are food places near by as well. The hotel was a short walk (about 5 min) to the subway (34st-penn station) or about 7 min walk to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It was convenient as the subway lines (A, C, E) that pass the station that served the purpose of our travel destinations and only on occasions did we need to change lines. One thing about the area the hotel was located in - the streets in this area smelt more (i.e. of weed and cigarettes) as compared to some of the other areas of NYC. The subway station also had homeless people taking shelter. It took a while to get used to it and it helped that most times, the station had other commuters entering and exiting. My friend did not like the hotel as much because of the area that it was in. There was a front desk staff in the hotel that was observed to try and make the stay pleasant through their smiles and hospitality.

As the title says - It was a place I started to be comfortable with even finding my favourite coffee place at the next street. There were many things that could have been better, however every hotel would have its limitations, and for this hotel, it's familiarity after the long stay, its convenience to the subway, and different parts of the city, the one staff that was friendly, the room that I could rest comfortably in, and the memories I built in my trip while staying there has left fond memories.

Room tip: Higher floors have higher chances of entering the lifts.
Date of stay: December 2019
Mark T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reading your review it seemed as though there were some redeeming factors, however, your overall score was quite low. Keep in mind, here on TripAdvisor, a 1-3 score would technically be grouped together as a BAD rating. This caught me off guard as I read further and further. As for the kind words about the staff and hotel offerings, I would like to say thank you! We do our best, as you phased it, with the "limitations" every hotel runs into. As for the area we are located in, to be fair we have little control over the city outside of our doors. Though, we do our best to ensure our walkways are clean. We hope you will continue to make many more memories with us here in NYC! We also hope you will continue to make the Homewood your home away from home when traveling!
Nicolas Rambajue
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I had just landed from an early flight that to be honest was not the greatest experience. So needless to say I was already exhausted from my early start to the day (4:30am EST) and feeling a little under the weather from the flight.

Upon my arrival I was immediately greeted by Janette and Idris who were both so friendly and welcoming. I figured it was a long shot to try and check into my room at 10:15am, a time where most guests haven't even checked out yet - but Idris made it happen!! He could see how tired I looked and just wanted to make sure that I was able to rest before enjoying my time in the city.

My room was clean, bed is SO comfortable and the location of the hotel couldn't be better. Thank you Idris for making this the most memorable part of my trip to NYC. I'll be back for sure!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review here on TripAdvisor, Elizabeth!
We are so happy to see you had a wonderful stay with us. It is also wonderful to see our team could help make your stay even better.
We hope you will continue to make the Homewood your home in NYC!
Nicolas Rambajue