Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY
Ranked #65 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“New, Clean, but VERY small!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband travels a lot and is a diamond member with Hilton. We booked this hotel for a family vacation with 2 kids (9 and 7). When we booked, the hotel wasn't open yet. We booked a room with a king size bed and FULL sofa sleeper. However, we were given a king bed and TWIN sofa sleeper. This made for a VERY uncomfortable sleeping arrangement. The desk told us that the room descriptions probably changed from the time we booked it and they didn't have any rooms that would be larger for us. I will say that Venitta was helpful in trying to find a solution, but it was a little disappointing and we would've chosen another hotel if we would've known this ahead of time. Otherwise, the rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the location is good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank T M
Karl B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello T M,

I apologize for any inconvenice that your family may have experienced. We always try to accomodate our guests' needs, especially when unknown surprises surface. We hope you enjoyed your overall visit to both the Homewood Suites and to New York City! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I were just was treated like a VIP at a new Hilton property on 37th street in NYC. The hotel just opened at the beginning of July and they already have their act together. The employees are friendly, the breakfast is hot and appetizing and the top floor outdoor patio at night is great. Our room had a full kitchen, which unfortunately we really didn't use, except for the refrigerator; but some really great features; a ceiling fan, wood floors, lots of channels on the TV, a small sofa to relax on, and some interesting artwork, especially, the wall behind the headboard. This is a find

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Mark L,

I am happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at the Homewood Suites in NYC! Our staff sincerely enjoys meeting and helping our guests. We are proud to be a "find" for you in New York City and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were a group of 4 women and spent 5 nights at this beautiful new hotel located only a few blocks from Times Square. The staff, rooms, food, and hotel were all excellent and would highly recommend. We even enjoyed their lovely rooftop patio. Our only small complaint was the wait time for elevators so used the stairs often, which did us good. Can't wait to return some day!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank caroll741
Hi,

I am glad you and your traveling companions enjoyed your trip to New York City! Our centrally located hotel strives to be a competitive contender in this section of The City by having outgoing staff and comfortable rooms. Thank you for choosing us as your "home" during your visit to New York!
Neosho
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My twin eighteen year old daughters and I spent a week here earlier this month and loved it. It's a brand new property and overall, we found it excellent. The other hotels we stayed in during our time away from home fell far short of the Homewood Suites in Manhattan.

The compact room was very comfortable for us, the full kitchen was a plus, and we enjoyed the daily breakfast plus the dinner Monday through Thursday evenings. Elevators were crowded but the hotel was very full and it is NYC.

Overall staff was helpful and tended to our needs.

The guest laundry facility is a great plus as is the business center and fitness center. I liked the lobby level courtyard but it was a bit noisy. The roof, however, more than made up for it with fantastic views in all directions.

I enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Murphy L
Hello Murphy L,

Thank you for your positive review! We love to hear when guests thoroughly enjoy their stay with us! We look forward to being your NYC "home away from home" in the future.
Hatboro, PA
Reviewed July 22, 2014

There was a stove in my room!!! I'd never use it, but it was indicative of the efficient design of the room, which managed to have a fully stocked kitchen (and a table tucked under the desk to eat on). It was New York small, but everything I could think to want was available. One of the elevators was down the first night, but it was fixed the next morning. Housekeeping never made it to our room until we were taking a break around 5pm between our matinee show and our dinner, but we if we'd had an urgent need we would have called. Those are minor quibbles. The room was comfortable and really well designed, the breakfast was filling and delicious (and yes crowded but I've worked out a strategy for all hotels that offer breakfast involving getting breakfast for myself and my husband, on a tray and then getting out of there), we found a great dive bar next door, and a wonderful bodega over on 8th Avenue. I lived in New York for 16 years and I consider it my second home, and I think this location is great because it is away from the crowds but close to everything convenient. My husband and I are avid Hilton Honors members (though we never achieve anything above Silver) and so since we visit New York several times a year, we are very familiar with New York hotels in the Hilton family, and we are definitely adding this to the hotels we check first.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sshannon
SShannon,

There is a stove in the rooms! All of the rooms are studio suites and that catches a lot of our guests by surprise because they are not expecting a kitchenette in their NYC hotel room. I am glad you had a comfortable stay with us and we are proud to be a second "home" for you in NYC.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers that the rooms are small and the elevators are bad. The biggest elevator issue I saw was that the staff does not have their own elevator and guests with luggage competing with staff with carts and cleaning baskets was not fun to watch. The free weights in the gym were on backorder. The breakfast and dinner service were hit and miss. The best part of the hotel and the reason I will be back is the kitchenette in each room and the availability of coin laundry machines in the hotel. For long term guests these are important. The staff was also hit and miss, but Guest Services Manager Jatin was definitely a hit and they need more like him.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhondajg48
Hi,

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed having a kitchenette in your room; it does make staying away from home more convenient, especially for long-term travelers. I have noticed that the elevators can sometimes get crowded. Our staff is very accomodating and will take your bags up to the room for you in order to reduce elevator wait time. We were proud to be your "home away from home" in NYC!
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a good, central location. Close, easy walk to time square, subway terminal entrances, Hell's Kitchen, and other shopping stores. The rooms were clean and services were nice.

What was not so nice, was the elevators, too slow and too small. The refrigerator was also noisy and it was difficult to maintain temperature. Rooms were good size for two or three people but too small for four.

Price was reasonable. We would consider staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Manny G
Dear Manny G,

I am glad you took advantage of our proximity to some of New York City's main attractions! Our generously-sized rooms are cleaned daily to give our guests a refreshed retreat after their daily New York City adventures. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon!