3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$200
Priceline$200
FindHotel$179
1,119 results
All reviews penn station great location new york herald square times square the high line front desk staff would stay here again the staff was friendly and helpful two blocks central location nyc hotel bed was very comfortable early check king room marriott manhattan
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

This was our first time in NY and Ethan at Dial a Flight in England could not have picked us a better hotel,my wife was unsure about NY on how busy and safe it was, but the bell boy soon put her fears to rest, it also helped being across the road from a Police Station.The check in was swift and easy, the rooms were a fair size considering one of our rooms had two double beds in it. Although it doesn't have a restaurant as such you can still get drinks and breakfast at the cafe in the lobby. The hotel has a great pub next door and is only two blocks away from the Empire State building, five minutes to Madison Square Garden, ten minutes walk to Times Square, and easy access to the subway or if you want a taxi you can stop one yourself or the reception staff will get one for you. I was one of those lucky people who made it to NY but my luggage didn't and it stayed in the Uk, thanks to airport staff at Heathrow, but JEANNIE on reception did all she could to help me to retrieve it. For people on any budget this hotel will be great, a good location, with staff who cannot do enough to help.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank DaveDaveDavehowfar1
Matt O, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hello DaveDaveDavehow1,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea. We're so pleased you decided to stay at our hotel for your first trip to NYC! I have already shared your kind words with Jeannie who was more than happy to assist you in reuniting you with your luggage. Our proximity to many of the major subway lines & attractions makes it an ideal hotel to stay at while traveling into NYC. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2016

This hotel is at a nice location that is close to Madison Sq Garden and in a walking distance of 34th street, Penn Station, and even Times Sq.
The hotel is clean and new. The room is small (of course) but it's functional. The bed and bathroom are clean and comfortable. It's close to restaurants and stuff. The only complain (probably not the hotel related) is that I cannot get cell reception inside my room even my room is facing the front. It's weird.

Room tip: I stayed in the room facing the front of the building
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank TravelDeltaATL
Matt O, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Hello AndrewIp,

Thank you for your review on recent stay at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea. Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our hotel; I will be sure to pass that along to our housekeeping associates as they take great pride in their work! Our location also provides us easy access to all the major subway lines to get you anywhere in NYC! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights in May. No complaints that I can think of. Check in was straight forward and the staff are very pleasant. The rooms aren't that big but I imagine that's the norm in Manhattan. Perfect location for the square gardens which is why we were there and lots of decent bars and restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve F

Hello Steve F,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea this past May. Thank you for acknowledging the convenience of our location as it is steps away from Madison Square Garden as well as many great bars & restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into NYC!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

This hotel is in a very convenient location in close proximity from Penn Station. My room (while rather small) was clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby has a very pleasant scent upon entering and the staff (for the most part) was friendly. Also, the fitness room was better than expected.

The only downsides: the elevator is EXTREMELY slow and "door close" buttons do not work. Also, the staff member I encountered upon check out lacked severely in customer service skills. She refused to print me out a receipt for my stay and said that they "don't do that" since they email the bill directly to my employer. I explained that I had to provide a physical copy to my employer (was never a problem for me at other Marriott hotels) and she became annoyed (and rude). She said "Fine but it's only going to say '0' because that's the balance due". So she printed me out a blank piece of paper that had "0" written on it. I made one last attempt and requested for her to print me out the receipt that was sent to my employer, and again, she rudely replied "Fine but it's going to take a while."

It took 15 seconds.

Wish she would have just done that upon first request. Would have given 5 stars if it weren't for the bad taste in my mouth after that.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Aubrey F
Carolyn F, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear MPHGirl23,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you pleasant stay was overshadowed by an unexpected elevator malfunction. It is our hope that the positives outweighed the negative and you will give us a second opportunity when travels bring you back to New York City. Rest assured that this is a one off issue and should not interfere with future stays!

Carolyn F.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I stayed for 2 nights this past weekend. I chose the location primarily for the convenience as many of the reviewers had mentioned being right by Penn station and close to a few subway stops. The hotel is nice and more modern than other Courtyard properties I've stayed. The room is small but not a surprise considering it's in New York City but then I was surprised that the bathroom doesn't have an exhaust fan. The room was clean, which is of utmost importance to me. On the first night, I needed extra shampoo which housekeeping delivered promptly. On the second night, the hairdryer broke and housekeeping brought a new one. Shout out to housekeeping!

I docked a star from this review because the check-in experience was unfortunately very lacking. After traveling almost 5 hours, I have no patience for any attitude. At the front desk, I gave my last name (comprised of just 3 letters!) which should easily pull up my reservation but obviously not so I gave my first name (short name, e.g. Becky as opposed to Rebecca) and was told reservation could not be found. At this time, I panicked as you could've imagined after traveling 5 hours to find that I may have not hotel accommodation. I then gave my confirmation number and the reservation came up. The front desk associate made a snide remark that I have to provide exact name in order for reservation to pull up. Really?! I find it hard to believe. After check in, I was given keys and the room number. That was it. I wasn't even pointed the direction of the elevators or told about the facility or asked if they could assist me with anything else. In reading another review that had complained about their front desk experience. Between the other person's review and mine, management clearly needs to address improvement for front desk operations and I hope that they do.

One last comment, it's been 5 days since I checked out of the hotel yet I have not received a copy of my receipt by email (am a Marriott Rewards member for many years) and receipt is usually sent within 24 hours. I was in a rush to leave and turned in my keys at the front desk so did not ask for a receipt knowing that I'll get an email copy. I'm going to have to make a phone call:-(

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank heysnoopy
Matt O, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Good Afternoon Heysnoopy,

Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay at the Courtyard New York Manhattan Chelsea. I am pleased to hear you found our location convenient & housekeeping staff quick & attentive to your requests. However, I am disappointed to read about your arrival experience. I'm sure this was the last thing you needed after traveling for 5 hours. Please accept my apology for this behavior as it is certainly not something you would expect from a Marriott associate. I will certainly use your experience as training with my front office staff to avoid such incidents from occurring in the future. I hope you decide to give our hotel another chance if your travels bring you back to NYC & thank you again for choosing to stay at the Couryard Chelsea!