“great location- nice and new”

Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park
Ranked #240 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Nyack, New York
“great location- nice and new”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

great location, nice rooms- you could still tell the hotel just opened December 2013. the bathrooms were small but clean and set up well and the beds were really comfortable. only big disappointment was we were promised a really nice view because we were there for a special occasion and we are Marriott gold members and the view they gave us was not good at all.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a really good view stay in the residence inn- same location but the higher fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beezer1231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I traveled to New York City for business but also for a quick overnight with my 5 year old son. I travel to New York for business at least 3 times a month and this was the first time in quite a long while I've stayed at a Marriott property in the city. The staff was amazing- absolutely delightful and courteous- and were all wonderful to my 5 year old (who is a mini hotel aficionado himself). From the doorman, to the desk staff, management, cleaning… everyone was incredibly personable, kind, and had fun playing and talking to my son. We stayed in a corner king- the room was GREAT-loved the bathroom! Since the hotel is brand new- still has some kinks to work out- The shower was scalding hot and we couldn't cool it down and the hotel phone didn't work- we couldn't dial the front desk. Things I hope they'll remedy.

I had business nearby, but could also walk with my son to Times Square and Central Park. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jessica2830
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not your typical Courtyard!

I'm a Marriott B-traveler and always look for newer Courtyards. This one is brand new and has great location just above Times Square. Definitely keeping this one in my favs

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Courtyard is a new hotel located right on Broadway and steps away from the David Letterman Show, the staff are the friendliest and most helpful, the rooms are modern and roomy for New York, the prices are great there is even a Starbucks located on the 3rd floor. I really can't say enough about this hotel, I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lori D
Timothy M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you LoriD for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. I'm very happy to hear you found our staff's services to be the friendliest and most helpful. We're looking forward to welcoming back for a return visit - whether you're in town for the David Letterman Show, other local attractions, or simply to re-visit our Starbucks and Bistro!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 12, 2014

SUMMARY
Let's just say that I was blown away! If you want to experience a great retro look (do you remember orange and avocado?) with an incredible bed, linens, etc., then look no further!! The new Courtyard Central Park / Midtown rocks!

I am in the city for a trade show and saw that Marriott was opening a new hotel. Actually, the Courtyard is in floors up to 34 and then there is also a Marriott Residence Inn on the higher floors.

LOCATION
Not convenient to Javits, but what the heck, I had a day to burn, so thought I would give it a go for the first of four nights I am in the city. The Courtyard has a great location, north several blocks from Times Square. If you are healthy, walking is easy straight down Broadway. Carnegie Deli is less than a block, the Park is a few short blocks to the the north and MOMA a few blocks to the east.

CHECK IN
Was greeted warmly by Anca (from Romania) who wanted to be sure that I had an exceptional experience. I mentioned that I normally frequent Prefer hotels (and resorts), but that I wanted to try Marriott properties, including this new hotel. i think that helped me score an upgrade. Anca and her supervisor were warm, friendly and playful - a perfect blend of the front desk for a weary traveler just wanting to get to their room.

ROOM
Remember only one thing from this review. You want the room that ends in "06". See my hotel layout in the photos I've taken. I'm really sorry I didn't take a photo of the bed or bathroom, but, alas, I used them both... And didn't feel good about sharing those :-( Note: This is a king bed room, not double beds...

Room 3206 was on the southeast corner staring straight down Broadway (and east 54th). The bank of windows was simply INCREDIBLE!! The 42"ish flat screen TV had an articulating arm that could vary the position of the tv - smart. Great Kuerig coffee with tea and really nice mugs.

BATHROOM
The bathroom had both a tub (with bath crystal salts that I did not enjoy) and shower that indicated water temperature. Also has a European style toilet with dual flush mode - smart! The bath is huge! Only hassle was trying to get the water temperature "dialed in" - but that is some minor niggling...

GYM
Go to the 35th floor and check out the gym. Even if you don't want to use the many treadmills or free weights, it's cool to get a different view.

Finally, I never take this long to write a review - JUST DO IT!! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: See my review - Rooms ending in "06" are the best in the hotel - southeast corner facing t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank MarkandBetsy
Thank you to MarkandBetsy for sharing your comments and tips about our hotel. I was excited to see you enjoyed the many details that went into making our new hotel a "W-O-W" for you! I was particularly pleased to see your comments regarding our staff service, and your comments regarding Anca in particular. I have shared your comments with her, she was as happy to hear them as I was to read them! In short, I'm glad you decided to "give it a go" and stay with us - we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town to attend a conference at Javitz, other business, or simply a leisurely get-a-way!
NY
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The good: we stayed in the courtyard part. Originally was booked for $259/night. Cancelled & rebooked for $159/night when I noticed rate had dropped.
The location of this hotel is fabulous. We were able to spend the weekend without ever needing cab or subway. Walked to Central Park, the met, carnegie hall, fifth ave.
room was nice. Small but clean & new with bbw bath products.
The bad: toilet got plugged on day 1. We made phone calls, went to store & back, made more phone calls before it got fixed.
Day 2 the shower got plugged after only 1 of us had showered. Made miultiple phone calls, missed bkft & was finally moved to another room. The second room wasn't as large as first but plumbing worked. It would've been a good idea to have upgraded us. I would've been happier.
Still.....I would stay here again. Staff was friendly & nice, location can't be beat. Apple jacks diner next door serves bkft all day in case u miss bkft! Carnegie deli & fluffys are 1 block away & worth a visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scp427
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived here driving from Montreal the second day of the openning! Staff is super nice and enthousiastic. The hotel has a very spacious dining/tv room on the 4 th floor where you can just relax, read or watch tv. A good way to take a break from the room. Design is modern and tasteful. Room sizes are what you wood expect in NY: smalll but ok. We will come back..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank LStArnaud
Timothy M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you LStArnaud for your review and kind words. I will be sure to share them with our entire staff so everyone can be as proud to hear them as I was to read them! I'm pleased you found our Bistro to be relaxing and enjoyable. I'm particularly pleased you expect to be returning to NYC and our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you for choosing our new hotel, we'll see you when you return!