“Worth the wait!”
Review of Good Enough to Eat

Good Enough to Eat
Reserve with OpenTable
Good Enough to Eat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #889 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 85th
Transit: Trains B & C (86 Street Stop) are a block away
Mountain View, CA
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Delicious and memorable breakfast spot which always has a line outside, but it's worth the wait! (If you arrive before 9 am on Sunday you will likely get in for the first wave of guests) French toast, turkey hash with poached eggs and banana walnut pancakes were enjoyed on this visit, but we want to go back and sample other items on the menu. Amazing homemade biscuits and great coffee too.

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
SofE
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ate here twice it was so good. Had to wait outside both times for a table but it is worth it.
Omlettes were fab and portions are big but good and great coffee. The cakes looked amazing but we never managed to fit any in.

Paris, France
“Amazing place!! Best restaurant of our trip”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I read about GETE in my Frommer's Guide and I'm so glad I chose to go there!!! Reservation was made quickly and easily (and in French!) and we were seated as soon as we arrived. The restaurant was of course full even though it was Tuesday night. I had the mac and cheese, my boyfriend had steak and fries, the steak was, I quote, the best he ever had in his life!
The desserts were amazing too, service was nice and efficient.
The only regret is that the menu is so big, you HAVE TO go back. Oh well, I can come to terms with that and come back to NYC! and GETE!!!
Thanks again and see you soon :)
à bientôt

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, Washington
“good enough to...go over & over”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had to wait, but the breakfast was heavenly every, thing from the pancakes with strawberry butter, down to the coffee & not to talk about the BACON.
The service was excellent.
Great place to start a day in New York

• Visited April 2013
“Good pitstop for breakfast”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

With every trip to the states, my new rule is we must have a good fluffy pancake breakfast at least once. This place was recommended on on of the Evertrail(?) guides on the way to the American Museum of Natural History.

We turned up around 9.30-10am so there were no queues at the restaurant as yet. The staff taking us to our tables were friendly and welcoming and we had to leave out buggy outside. The decor of the place looks quite cute and the desserts in the display window look ultra delicious and massive (we are just not used to American sized servings). We ordered the farmhouse breakfast and 2 lumberjack breakfasts and the toasted home made bread for our lil bambino. The food was quite yummy, especially the bacon and we finished everything. The guy serving us was a bit strange since he seemed to just not want to be there and could yell at us at any moment. He only became a bit friendlier towards the end I guess hoping to get a tip. When we had finished, there was a queue outside.

All in all, happy we went here on the way to the museum and I can tick off my checklist for fluffy pancakes in the states. Would I go there again on our next trip to NYC? Not sure.