“Delicous food, and pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Pho Viet Huong

Pho Viet Huong
Ranked #3,435 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Chinatown
New York, New York, United States
“Delicous food, and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Decided to take my girl here last week, and glad i did. We started off with those shrimp wraps, with the peanut dip. One of better ones i have had in a traditional place. My date had their pho which she really enjoyed, said that the noodles normally stick together. She loved the steak in it, and the broth. I had steak skewers, with rice n' veggies. I have gotta say pretty tasty. Our waitress was sub-par, but the atmosphere made up for it. Very clean, overall I would come back here.

• Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Come here for the food, not the decor”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a great place for authentic Vietnamese in a cafeteria type. They could dress up the furnishings a bit and improve the lighting, but the food and makes up for what is lacking in the atmosphere. The soft crab "special," which is always on the blackboard, is especially good. Also recommended are the spring and summer rolls. Be sure the waiter is clear on the order in which you'd like you food to arrive. Occasionally they will deliver the starters with (or after) the entree.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Hair in your food is complimentary”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I came to this venue few times over the last couple of years. The service has been consistently slow but still came cause the food was OK and unlike it's biggest competitors this place always have available seats (for obvious reason).

Anyway, couple of weeks back we went here for dinner. Aside the slow service things were going great. However, all hell broke loose when I took my second bite into the fried spring roll. There was a thick hair embedded into the meat. Lucky for my gag reflex I did not throw up immediately. I immediately showed it to the waiter and he verified that the hair. He offered to bring us a new batch but I was too grossed out that I did not take up on the offer and did not enjoy rest of my meal. I wanted to walk out of the restaurant but didn't. I should have taken a photo and reported them to the Health Dept. The waiter offered another type of spring roll for free but I couldn't stomach anything further.

The worst of all is we still had to pay for our dinner minus the cost of spring roll. The least they could have done is not charge us for dinner at all.

I will never be going back to this place and will go to the more well known and well reputed venue.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AKrulzNY
Coral Springs, Florida
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had lunch recently and the food and service were just average. We were hoping for a special Vietnamese meal since the reviews for the most part were very good. Unfortunately there was no need to go all the way to Chinatown for what we got. The spring rolls were greasy and the pho chicken soup for which we were craving was bland and not tasteful. The one dish we liked was the ten ingredient pan fried noodles. Overall a disappointment.

• Visited March 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Absolutely great Pho”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I try and eat Pho once a week, very health for you. But everyone knows there are a lot of pho places to go to. I probably went to at least a couple dozen other Pho places around New York city, and I back to this one again and again. Let me tell you why, the rice noodles are not all stuck together, the service is exactly how i like it, PROMPT. They have a very wide selection of ingredients to choose from "shark fin, frog" which not all Pho restaurants have. Best place in NYC!

• Visited January 2013