“A Top Spot in Midtown - A Favourite of Mine”
Review of Pershing Square

Pershing Square
Ranked #217 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Pershing Square is a full-service restaurant located under the landmarked Park Avenue Viaduct. Serving American Cuisine, Pershing Square is a bustling and iconic New York City experience which attracts a mix of locals and tourists. While most famous for our breakfast, Pershing Square is open for lunch, dinner, happy hour and we serve high-end comfort food until 10:30 PM. ***Please be advised that at Pershing Square we do have a dress code policy. Men are not permitted to wear tank tops in the restaurant.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's charming, it's delicious and it provides great food much, much cheaper than the overpriced fare offered around it. In particular, it provides a greater variety and more reasonably priced food offering for breakfast if you are staying in a hotel.

When I'm in New York I usually stay around 42nd Street and often at the Grand Hyatt a few doors down from Grand Central, just across the road. Skip the hotel breakfast and head here for perfect eggs benedict or whichever takes your fancy. I have done it many times. If you are back around there for lunch - I loved the delicicous shrimpscargots and the maine lobster roll. And dinner? Well I've not had dinner there yet, but I'm certainly tempted!

Without hesitation - a great spot. Do it!

1  Thank Rob M
There are newer reviews for Pershing Square

Reviewed February 6, 2013

After getting tired of overpriced and unsatisfying food in the Grand Central Food Court, I decided to go across the street to Pershing Square. It was packed at lunch time but the service was good and the food was fresh and delicious. The portions where adequate but streamline. The prices were good for the location. I left satisfied. I know I can count on this restaurant for quality which is more important to me than quantity.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

great food!! I had their bagel with smoked salmon-a delight. cereals served with fresh sweet berries. would recommend to anyone to go there.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The charm of this place is most certainly its history - an icon next to Grand Central Station that has been the set of a number of movie scenes. The staff is attentive, and the food is decent, but a bit overpriced for the quality. The best items on the lunch menu are the grilled eggplant panini and the Maine lobster roll.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

As we were staying in the hotel across the street we thought we would try out their breakfast as a change from the hotel, I actually wish we had'nt bothered, we were seated in an small section just as you entered the main doors it was crowded and i could'nt even pull my chair out due to the close proximity of the surrounding tables this was alittle crazy as the place is large and the remaining tables were empty, The service was just ok although the female staff just wanted to talk between themselves!!!!
The tables were also very small we were a party of two and struggled to eat comfortably due to the lack of room,Overall this was a huge disappointment as the building and decor is beautiful it is such a shame everything else lets it down.