“Excellent NY Bakery! Wedding Cakes!”
Review of Pasticceria Bruno

Pasticceria Bruno
Ranked #302 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
NYC
“Excellent NY Bakery! Wedding Cakes!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love my Pasticceria Bruno in NYC. I have dealt with them twice. First time I ordered a cake for my engagement party and then a year later a wedding cake. Pina Settepani helped me out both times and she is amazing in how she deals with people, she listens carefully and translates that into the great cakes. I have known this place for a long time, I love their location in Staten Island and Manhattan.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. Their prices are affordable and quality is outstanding.

A.

• Visited November 2011

Adelaide, Australia
“I died and went to cookie cake heaven”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is where you should always get your cookies and eclairs. I can't believe all the years I have been to NYC I have never been told about this place. the pastries were all fresh and the cookies were mouth watering. I could eat here every night and snack on a morsel. Of course I would need to walk it off at the same time by heading down to another nice eatery. Do yourself a favor and make this a regular place on your weekly shopping route. You won't be disappointed and neither will any of your guests. MANGIA!

• Visited July 2012
Lynbrook, New York
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you want to try the real Italian pastries this is the right place, they have a big variety of cakes, delicious mousse's, truffles, NY cheese cakes and don't forget a cup of coffee or cappuccino.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank marcelonyc
Naperville,Illinois
“Delightful sweets”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Outstanding quality pastries, gelato, sorbets, coffee etc

Phoenix, Arizona
“Our "go to" restaurant.”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

It's Saturday night and the four of us can't agree on what type of restaurant we want to go to. One of us wants Spanish, one wants German, one wants Asian... the other doesn't care, she just wants to eat. Now. We all agree on Bruno's in the end - it's the one place we're all willing to forego all the other things we're craving in favor of.

The food here is excellent to start with. I've never had something here I didn't like and that's including the plates we all sample from each other. Try the specials, they never disappoint! Also, their pizza is perfect - thin and crispy.

The service is great, they all know us by name and even know what we order, they are very accomodating on requests aside from the fact that they do NOT do split checks on the weekends for tables, just a warning. Also, my one gripe with this place is that they don't do free refills on drinks which is slightly annoying in and of itself but they also fail to tell you that so just be aware of that beforehand.

The desserts - fantastic when you're looking or a specialty pastry. I won't lie, they don't have the best traditional Italian pastries such as canoli's etc. That being said, their tarts, cakes, mousses etc are to die for. Also, their gelato is AMAZING. If you love hot chocolate or flavored cappuccinos, try them both (especially the creme brulee cappuccino.)

Finally, if you are a brunch person - they have a great Sunday brunch. $20 a person, it includes coffee and tea, a platter of fruit, a platter of pastries, doughnuts etc and your entree.

• Visited February 2012