“I was expected better.”

Montebello Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Montebello Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,665 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington and Park
Transit: M,R,V,F,E,6,7 trains
Description: Enjoy authentic Italian fine dining in New York. We use authentic Italian recipes & techniques when we prepare your ensalate, carni, pasta & pesci.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Delmonico's is a lovely looking restaurant with warm ambiance. This was our first visit to this restaurant. We were with a very large group. We have the prefix dinner. No complain about the price. But…. Maybe we were a large group the service was just Ok. The food was good but nothing special, nothing exciting. Base on this visit I will not come back to this place. This is an expensive restaurant and I was expected better service and better food.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were fortunate to be staying opposite this hidden gem. From the time we made a late reservation to the end of our meal the staff were friendly, quick and attentive. Our meal was delicious and we have eaten at some amazing restaurants in NYC! There was a set menu because it was NYE but great value and choice.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This long standing delicious Italian restaurant serves wonderful clasic Italian food, during mushroom season, it is a most.
The service is profesional, attentive, well trained and extremely well trained and attentive. The prices are quite reasonable for a top place in such centric area (56 ST B/N Park and Lexintong Aves.) The wine list is reasonable and invariably, the management offers it's visitors something on the house.
A most welcoming lovely place, not fancy, not super elegant, but a great buy and wonderful place for a quiet lunch or dinner

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The best part of the dining experience is the wonderful service. Friendly staff that make you feel at home. It is a small restaurant tucked away off of Park Ave. It has an older clientele so if you are looking for something young and hip this is not your spot. The food is good however, I could not tell you what I ordered and I have been there twice which says something. My next trip to NYC I am not planning to go back. The atmosphere is nice however, it lacks something (a view) and makes me feel like I am taking a break from an exciting city when I am inside.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant on E.56th St., between Park and Lexington Aves. since the 1980s. Large parties are put in a separate room, with closed doors. Tables are far enough apart to have a private conversation. It is never noisy. The food is continental, tasty and well presented, and the service is excellent. I love the selection of desserts, including tiramisu, cheese cake, fresh berries, and creme brulee. I usually have an appetizer and main course, and I often add escarole, as an additional vegetable. The fish is always fresh, and there is a good selection: salmon, red snapper, branzino, sole, and trout. I've eaten here with my husband, other couples, and friends. They, in turn, have brought other friends because they were impressed by the food, service, and ambiance. This restaurant is also excellent for business lunches.