“Great Food, Service, and Ambiance”

Montebello Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Montebello Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,723 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington and Park
Transit: M,R,V,F,E,6,7 trains
Description: Enjoy authentic Italian fine dining in New York. We use authentic Italian recipes & techniques when we prepare your ensalate, carni, pasta & pesci.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant on E.56th St., between Park and Lexington Aves. since the 1980s. Large parties are put in a separate room, with closed doors. Tables are far enough apart to have a private conversation. It is never noisy. The food is continental, tasty and well presented, and the service is excellent. I love the selection of desserts, including tiramisu, cheese cake, fresh berries, and creme brulee. I usually have an appetizer and main course, and I often add escarole, as an additional vegetable. The fish is always fresh, and there is a good selection: salmon, red snapper, branzino, sole, and trout. I've eaten here with my husband, other couples, and friends. They, in turn, have brought other friends because they were impressed by the food, service, and ambiance. This restaurant is also excellent for business lunches.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This restaurant was amazing. Staff are so friendly and attentive the food was delicious.
We booked the restaurant to celebrate our wedding and would advise anyone looking for somewhere special to book here.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

A wonderful Italian dinner deliver4ed by attentive staff. Noise level was low. Very pleased.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This lovely restaurant ended up being our first dinner in NY, and well worth the money.
Great and attentive service, lovely athmosphere and great food.
The meat and fish dishes were abit pricey for NY, but worth it for a special meal.
Would definately go again :)

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I would strongly advise that you not eat at this restaurant. I went there for a business lunch a few weeks back. The prices were very high for what you get. I ordered a chopped salad as a starter. It was ~$12. The salad arrived as a wilted plate of lettuces and some browning veggies. Not worth even $3! Our main courses were also very mediocre. I then ordered a decaf coffee but they brought me a regular. I am very sensitive to caffeine and was wired all day!

Definitely save your money, time, and calories and go elsewhere.

1  Thank GroteAppel