“Great Irish ambience in heart of Manhattan!”

Molly's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1,227 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Toronto, Canada
“Great Irish ambience in heart of Manhattan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good friends of mine said you have to go to Molly's for a pint of stout and a burger when you go to New York!!! Well they were right as authentic an Irish Pub you could not find from the old fashioned sawdust on the floor, to the fireplace, to the great food, to the excellent Murphy's stout on tap all comfort stuff. The service from the young lady from Ireland was impeccable and a joy to talk to. My wife said the lamb stew was the best she ever had and the fresh ground chuck burger was so immense I am embarrassed to say i couldn't finish it. Will always make a point of going here whenever I return to New York a can't miss.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank joe b

Richmond, Virginia
“A touch of small town Ireland in Manhattan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took my 87-year-old father here for a special dinner out right after Christmas. Dad is an Irish-American New Yorker who has traveled to Ireland over 30 times, so he has rather high standards for Irish pubs. We were very impressed by the food and hospitality at Molly's. The two waitresses on duty greeted us warmly when we walked in, and seated us immediately despite the pub being fairly crowded.

I ordered the chicken pot pie, which was the best I've ever tasted. It took a good ten minutes to cool down enough to eat, but the top crust was flaky, chicken breast was well cooked and chunky, and the filling was creamy with just the right amount of spice (dill and sage). Dad had the shepherd's pie, which he said was also spiced just right and better than any he had ever had in either New York or Ireland. My wife ate the corned beef and cabbage, which was fine but not out of the ordinary. It came with a dill cream sauce. Portion sizes for all three entrees were generous, and prices were reasonable (all less than $20 each).

We will definitely be back. Another plus, if you are driving in from outside the city (as we did), there is ample street parking on Third Avenue in this neighborhood. On a Sunday night, we were the only car parked on the entire block--just steps from Molly's front door.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rory F
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The type of local pub you would expect to walk into in Ireland not New York. From the sawdust on the floor to the Irish Stew and open fire we could not fault Molly's.
Great food and good selection of beers.

Connecticut
“Superlative Irish Pub - Brunch or Burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been coming here for years and years. It is the closest you will get to a real Irish pub in New York City. The food is always grand, the burgers are fantastic, among the best I have ever had. We had Sunday brunch, two of our party had the Irish Breakfast and two the American Breakfast, either version is great. I had the American, two eggs scrambled, light and very buttery, two sausages, three or four pieces of tasty applewood smoked bacon, home fries and toast. The included Mimosas are served in wine glasses and are not tiny little portions in flutes. The bill was about $110 incuding tax and tip. This is a real pub, sawdust on the floor, ancient pictures on the walls and friendly, happy waitresses. The only point I have to note is that they have neither jam nor jelly for your toast, so bring your own!

• Visited November 2013
“Best Buger in New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been going to Molly's for over 21 years. The Food, the sawdust on the floor, the tables ( with names etched into them) the homey atmosphere and the friendly down to earth staff have not changed in all this time. I have great memories of Molly's from the early 90's on Sunday nights with my girlfriends when we lived in Gramercy - to my 1st date with my Husband 15 years ago. I continue to bring Family, friends and my Hubby back to this Mainstay! Try a burger with blue cheese and a glass of wine or a Guiness. Omletes are great too. Sit by the fireplace and take in a game or people watch! Than you too will return again again!

• Visited September 2013