“Quaint but not that special”

Molly's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #687 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had dinner (two adults, one teenager) here mid week night. Service was friendly and efficient. Food was average pub grub and the beer was cold!
The interior is older and dark and certainly not over designed or 'trendy'- probably better on a cold winters night than a hot summers eve.

1  Thank CGFS

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I go to Molly's every time I'm in NYC. Great burgers (blue cheese one being my favorite), and of course, accompanied by a cold Guinness. The pub has a nice atmosphere, very friendly staff (in particular barman). I highly recommend, and hope you're not allergic to sawdust.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

They pour a decent Guinness here too! Reasonably priced for New York. Good vibe to the place. Roddy the barman knows what he's doing for sure. Would recommend.

1  Thank WiltsWally
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw the review and had to take a look. I was not disappointed! The moment you walk through the door you are transported back in time. The barman was cool as a cucumber and the 2 Irish waiting staff were attentive, and almost motherly! The food was great - the burger superb. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I found this place by searching on the Internet for the best burger in Manhatten. I found a list on About.com which had this place listed as No. 2, it was a few years old but we decided to take the chance and am I glad we did.

Fantastic service from the waitresses and I loved the touches like sawdust on the floor.

The food was amazing - I ordered the buffalo burger while my wife had the cheeseburger. All I can say that if this is no. 2 then I can't imagine how good no. 1 is!

If you're looking for a good burger and pint then you can't beat this place. I'd go back in a heartbeat.