“Loved Molly's Shebeen”

Molly's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1,215 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Bristow, VA
“Loved Molly's Shebeen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife's a gem -- she took me to NYC to celebrate my 46th birthday May 3rd through the 6th, 2013. I did some last minute research and found some great Trip Advisor reviews for Molly's Shebeen.

On Saturday evening, we walked about 60 blocks uptown along 3rd Avenue and happened upon Molly's Shebeen. I told my wife that we really needed to check out the pub before returning. So, on Sunday evening, we hailed a cab and told the driver -- 23rd and 3rd Avenue. We arrived on May 5th, 2013 around 9pm and the place was packed! There is such ambiance, such character. I couldn't help of the history of the pub - and asked myself, how many souls had passed through these rooms over the years.

My wife had the Sheppard's Pie and I had the Pork Chops - the food was off the charts good. I also got a side of their curry sauce for my fries... It was the best Pub Comfort Food I've had in quite some time! The folks working hard at this establishment - do their best to make you feel at home. Great Irish hospitality. Just remember, the Irish were the one's who invented 'CRAIC!'.

I'm planning on returning to NYC later this summer -- and rest assured, I will visit my new friends at Molly's Shebeen.

• Visited May 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Great Burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Saw dust on the floor, a bit dark inside and full of characters! Now this is a real American Irish Pub and well worth the visit. Food is excellent for pub fare, great drinks and beers - Murphy's and Guinness on tap!

The booths are quite comfortable and there is plenty of time to sit and relax over a pint and carry on a friendly conversation - even if you're alone, someone will engage you at some point or another!

Visited April 2013
“Fabulous hearty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Authentic, fresh, superb,, home made food! Generous helpings so be hungry. All helped down by a wide choice of beers and drinks. Michelin & ZAGAT recommended.

Cypress, Texas
“Great Place for Someone Who Wants to Eat With the Locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Like the title states, this places was packed with locals. The staff knew many of the people and were greeting them with a hug. Portions were huge and the atmosphere was local pub. Would return.

• Visited April 2013
new york
“Great Food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had a great dinner at Molly's, portions are very large, so be advised! We had appetizers and my daughter had Lamb stew, her boyfriend a burger and I had shepards pie, all were delicious and very reasonably priced..esp for NYC. Very nice waitress, who helped us decide which dish to try. The only down side, if any, was because it is a pub, it can get a tad loud. So if you are looking for a quiet, spot to dine this may not be the best choice, but if you want a fun irish pub with great food, Molly's would be it

• Visited March 2013