“It's all about the food”
Review of Mary Anns - 8th Avenue - CLOSED

Mary Anns - 8th Avenue
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived on a Friday night and it was very busy but we got a table for two without a reservation and no waiting. Diners are packed in tightly, and if our neighbours against the wall had finished before us, we would have had to stand to let them out. It was very noisy, and the music was strangely ‘clubby’ but it seemed to suit the hectic beat of the venue. The service was efficient and no nonsense, and the food came quickly, all of which was perfect because we were hungry. From then on, we were extremely happy to be there. It was the best Mexican we’ve had since we arrived in America three weeks ago, and we've been seeking it out in three cities. I also like my mojitos short with lots of lime and mint and that’s the first I’d been served that ticked all the boxes. We said we’d be back, and we were, the very next night.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Of all the times we have been to NYC we have had nothing but excellent food and service no matter where we stopped. But one evening we walked by this place and I quickly looked at reviews online and we thought we'd give it a try. The one and only mistake we have made during time in the city. I was with my mom - who's food was served cold - I touched it myself and couldnt believe it - it was crazy! And my plate was barely warm. Did not think the food was very good at all. the service was bad - while they did return with her food warmed up drink refills were not happening and our table was so crammed in that the people next to use had to get up and move so we could get out - yes I know it's NYC - but in all the places we have been never experienced a tight fit like this. I just wanted out of there!!!! Wished when the food came cold we could have cancelled our order and left! The whole experience was awful - just awful. I would have rather shelled out a few bucks for something from a street vendor and been happy. I'm shocked by all the good reviews. We must have happened in on a BAD night. For our future trips to NYC........wont ever try again! Sorry!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

this was a nice surprise, on 8th Avenue in Chelsea - after a show at the Atlantic Theater - cozy (cold night) local restaurant with surprisingly(?) good quality (fresh ingedients and good quality meat) mexican food - we only tried burritos & tacos but all very good. the margaritas (both frozen and not) were also excellent: very nice size and quality drinks!
Fair prices and good service
Overall - a very positive find for a bite to eat after the show....
recommended!

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Mary Ann's is a great little Mexican restaurant right near the Joyce theater in Chelsea. The food is pretty tasty allthough my order was slightly messed up, at least it tasted good. Upbeat music in the background ensures you have a mild "bop" going on while you dine.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

One of the best meals I have ever had in a Mexican restaurant! I had the chicken with mole sauce, which is VERY hard to find. It was outstanding! Service was excellent. I also liked the ambience. I would recommend this!