“Genuino”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Genuine, home made Italian food, from pasta to pizza, seafood to meat and vegetarian made by Italians!. Reasonably priced with good service and friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for La Nonna

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Looking for a lunch spot, we picked La Nonna totally at random by walking down Mulberry Street, and we were not disappointed. We started with the antipasto, and it was excellent and maybe the highlight of the meal. My daughter had the pasta alla vodka, which she said was very good. My pasta with shrimp was also quite good. Excellent food at a reasonable price makes for a good combination. Nice restaurant in Little Italy.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

after arriving at our hotel at 10.45pm on a Friday evening - I didnt wish my first day in new york to end there so I dragged my tired and grumbling family (hubby and 2 teens) out to explore and grab a bite to eat. as we were staying at the Hol Inn Soho on Lafayette , we were just a hop skip and a jump to Mulberry St , Little Italy , and as I had read reviews on TA about which Italian tourist trap restaurants to avoid and which ones were recommended , we headed to La Nonna.
We all tried the highly recommended garlic dough balls and the dipping oil , which were delicious , and knowing the kids like their meatballs , I advised them accordingly (lol)
I had the carbonara - all delicious , a lovely rustic restaurant , friendly staff , despite the late hour and we were all glad we made the effort to go out instead of retiring to bed on our first eve in NYC.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The service was great and the the staff very friendly to my 5 year old. The food was good. Dessert was wonderful, coffee fantastic. We would go back.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We selected La Nonna- while walking in Little Italy - because the "greeter" was the least annoying - once inside - a pleasant meal. Only gripe is that they just added a substantial tip onto the bill themselves. A bit presumptuous. Food was OK.