“Great brunch!”
Review of L'Express

L'Express
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Express is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,761 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stumbled upon this place while walking and I don't regret going in! I was initially attracted because it looked adorable from the outside.

I ordered off the brunch menu and got the three egg omelette and it came with 2 free ingredients, and then you pay extra if you want more. They give you a list of stuff they can put in and I got the smoked salmon with Swiss. If you get an egg dish, you get a side order of home fries. Mine also came with toast with butter and jam. I didn't even get to the toast and the home fries I was so full! The food was great, will definitely have to return to try the rest of the menu.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went here for breakfast. I had the Spanish fritata and my hubby had the omlette. Both were very nice. Service was quick and attentive. Nice Parisian feel to the place. Can get a bit squashed when busy. U need to take a torch to the restroom as it is very dark although appeared clean. You can get similar food a little cheaper however i doubt it would taste as good. Wud recommend this place.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went here with a large group, maybe 12 of us. I was dreading the poor service you normally receive at any restaurant when you show up with a lot of people. Not only was our waiter extremely nice and patient, the service was great. Our food came out at the same time and all of our orders were correct. Also, the food was really good. I had the mussels and fries and tasted someone's salad, sandwich and soup. All was well and I would return.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I used to live a few blocks away and would go here all the time. It was never a 10, but ALWAYS an 8.5. The steak tartare is still among the best I've had in NYC, and I order that pretty much every time I see it on the menu. The vibe is also just right: it's always somewhat busy, but never too busy to walk right in and get a table, so it's a great spot to come on a whim any night of the week.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We've been twice to this spot for breakfast. The first time we were wandering NYC on a Sunday morning and were headed for a diner two doors down and a stranger passing us said - go to L'Express, We did and loved it. The breakfast menu is comprehensive, The atmosphere is wonderful with full windows on the street for people watching. I know an egg is an egg is an egg...but these are done just right with simple seasoning. On our next trip we will try lunch or dinner. There is outdoor seating and a brunch menu with an organic bloody mary and mimosa made with triple sec. Sounds wonderful.