“Good food”
Review of L'Express

L'Express
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Express is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,127 of 13,736 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went here for breakfast. I had the Spanish fritata and my hubby had the omlette. Both were very nice. Service was quick and attentive. Nice Parisian feel to the place. Can get a bit squashed when busy. U need to take a torch to the restroom as it is very dark although appeared clean. You can get similar food a little cheaper however i doubt it would taste as good. Wud recommend this place.

Philadelphia Suburb
“Fun & yummy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went here with a large group, maybe 12 of us. I was dreading the poor service you normally receive at any restaurant when you show up with a lot of people. Not only was our waiter extremely nice and patient, the service was great. Our food came out at the same time and all of our orders were correct. Also, the food was really good. I had the mussels and fries and tasted someone's salad, sandwich and soup. All was well and I would return.

• Visited January 2012
New York
“Great food, lively vibe and no hype”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I used to live a few blocks away and would go here all the time. It was never a 10, but ALWAYS an 8.5. The steak tartare is still among the best I've had in NYC, and I order that pretty much every time I see it on the menu. The vibe is also just right: it's always somewhat busy, but never too busy to walk right in and get a table, so it's a great spot to come on a whim any night of the week.

Visited March 2012
Worcester, MA
“Breakfast heaven”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We've been twice to this spot for breakfast. The first time we were wandering NYC on a Sunday morning and were headed for a diner two doors down and a stranger passing us said - go to L'Express, We did and loved it. The breakfast menu is comprehensive, The atmosphere is wonderful with full windows on the street for people watching. I know an egg is an egg is an egg...but these are done just right with simple seasoning. On our next trip we will try lunch or dinner. There is outdoor seating and a brunch menu with an organic bloody mary and mimosa made with triple sec. Sounds wonderful.

• Visited October 2012
New Jersey
“Breakfast in Paris”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the closest I've come to Paris in New York. What a fun place with all the authentic touches of a French bistro. I came with a girl friend for brunch and we were happily sated with the atmosphere and good food. In good weather the walls open up for a sidewalk dining experience. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict and the cappuccino was delicious.

• Visited September 2012