“Healthy, Tasty Food”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We happened upon this restaurant on a Saturday morning for breakfast. I had the quinoa cereal, and my wife had the quiche. We also ordered the banana bread and a croissant, as well as a coffee and spiced hot chocolate. The food was extremely tasty, and the baked goods were clearly homemade and fresh. The coffee/hot chocolate was served in awkward large bowls, which may have been a bit of a pain to drink out of, but was fun nonetheless. The spiced hot chocolate was very unique and spicy, be aware, this is not your grandmother's hot drink. The staff gave us to go cups for our drinks, which was a nice touch to take on the go.

While the food was tasty, it was a little expensive $60 for 2 for breakfast. The bakery has plenty of great looking options, on my next visit, I may skip the meal altogether and load up on pastries and coffee!

1  Thank Jason T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I love going here for lunch or breakfast. I think I've been to most in NYC and recently went to one in London.

I think their communal seating is interesting, but I'd rather grab a table. The service is always quick and speedy and the food is very fresh. I had a large latte this time and it was like a fish bowl, I definitely couldn't finish!

The salad I had this time was only so-so, not quite as flavorful as I liked in the past, but still quite good. Their bread is great and their spreads are awesome. Would definitely visit again.

if you are looking for a quick bite that is fresh and healthy - visit!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I go to Le Pain regularly. The food is quite tasty and the portions are generous. I particularly like the salmon tartine. I usually have lunch and even if it is crowded you are never rushed. And it is great to go to in the middle of the day to get out of the cold (it has been particularly cold in NY this year) or just to have a cup of tea. I have many choices living in NYC and readily choose Le Pain.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Le Pain Quotidien restaurant/bakeries are located in several parts of New York City, indeed all over the world. They serve their own delicious bread, baked in factory/bakery in the city, and your can buy bread and pastries to take home. The prepared food is tasty and interesting. I've eaten breakfast there several times and had lunch, too. The food is what you'd expect for breakfast and amply provided. The atmosphere is informal and communal, a major feature being a large long table with open seating. You can expect the same reliably good service and food at all of the restaurants, conveniently located throughout Manhattan.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Enjoyed having my morning coffee there.... served in a bowl.
The pastry is to die for.... the choices are endless.

Hot meal are served there too. Fresh ingredients and well balanced dishes.

One of my fav in NYC when I am there.