“This place gives swill a good name”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #387 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stopped at the Le Pain on a beautiful Sunday morning in Central Park. Someone forgot to tell the barista to add coffee beans to the water. The cup of chili was a sorrowful melange of too many beans and corn and little, if any, meat. Tables were dirty with dogs and squirrels eating crumbs off the ground. Suggest you just keep walking over to the west side for a real cup of coffee and decent food.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stopped here after visiting the American Girl Doll store with our daughter. We only came for a snack, but the iced teas were delicious. I got an iced green tea and my husband got a mint iced tea. We only wish they were bigger! We did however, order a very large and wonderful chocolate chip cookie to share that was the size of a dinner plate! I would like to go back for lunch sometime. The menu looked good and they had a featured tomato soup that day that smelled delicious. It was a bit crowded on a Thursday afternoon with the lunch break crowd, but we were able to sit at a family style table which worked fine for us.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went in here on a whim, and I am so glad we did, the food was great a cranberry scone to die for and the pumpkin pie was just out of this world, loved their great tasting coffee, the service was great, thank you Michael, he made the day just perfect, he was helpful, great advice and gave us lots of info on using the tube, sorry subway! the atmosphere was was lovely,just the right amount of secluded private tables to long tables where you could mingle. I just wish I could have tried more of their great looking food.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

i was so excited to try a new york deli. and came across this, thinking
its would be the french version of New York's famous deli's.
I was so wrong-ordered the ham and cheese, it was
literally ham, and cheese. one slice each between 2 dry pieces of bread
with a pickle on the side.
whhaaaaatttt you saying?
my 2 yr old niece could of done a better job.

1  Thank Jennika M
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It reminds me of a cafe bistro in Europe. Decent pastries, bread ok. I need to go back for lunch and try their menu, but so far I was impressed positively.