3 people have started booking this hotel
Hotels.com$322
Priceline$365
Traveluro$246
2,341 results
All reviews fifty nyc great location new york junior suite small kitchen club room spacious rooms rockefeller center front desk staff by nyc standards central park midtown manhattan times square few blocks subway station avenue lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2019

I stayed here with my 18 yr old daughter and her friend for a graduation trip in mid June for 5 days. The front desk staff and the bellmen were extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The main lobby was nicely decorated and clean. I loved the location! We were in a room with 2 full beds and felt like we had plenty of space. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was pretty small but I expected that. There is a nightly complimentary wine hour and I had a $10 credit to spend in the pantry each day. It was nice to be able to grab a cold beer after walking the streets all day. The only issues we had were with the TV and the shower. The shower was a little difficult to figure out but we finally learned and it was fine after that. The TV seemingly gave an option for us to connect our phones to be able to watch Netflix and other streaming apps, but we never could get it to work. The front desk informed me that they are in the process of adding it / replacing TVs throughout the hotel and so not all rooms had TVs with that function. We were barely in the room to watch TV so it really wasn't an issue. I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank doughsco
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Thank you for your review! I'm pleased to read you found the room spacious and comfortable. We agree our daily social sips wine hour is a great way to unwind at the end of the day and mingle with other travelers, we're glad you enjoyed it! We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you would stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 4, 2019

Our family of four (2 adults, kids ages 3 and 5) stayed here for 3 nights. We had a studio with two queen beds, a kitchenette, and bathroom. Our first impression - the room was huge. When you walk in, you actually have space to move and aren't immediately on a bed. We loved having a kitchenette (we got groceries from whole foods ~0.5 mile away). We didn't eat at the hotel but did enjoy Morning Star Cafe on 2nd Ave for breakfast each day. The subway is so so so convenient - you can get anywhere you want so easily. We used our $10 credit each day to pick up some Kind Bars or a large bottle of water. Our room was literally across from the elevators and next to maintenance & housekeeping but we didn't have a problem with noise - our room was on street side too but it was normal street noise - honestly, we only heard garbage trucks and fire engines - we also had white noise running on our ipad all night and there were some ear plugs in the bedside table if one needs them. Our only complaints is that when we arrived (travel delays caused us to arrive to the hotel at 11:30 PM) that we didn't have any washcloths (we got them the next day but it was annoying not to have them as we all bathed after our crazy travel day) and I thought the baseboards could use a good clean / fresh paint. Would we stay here again? Absolutely. In fact, my husband travels to NYC for work and may stay here for his business trips.

1  Thank TheSmileysNC
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! All of our suites have kitchens, which as you've noted definitely comes in handy when traveling with family, we're glad it made your stay more comfortable! I'm thrilled to read you would stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Gloria and the other ladies at the counter were phenomenal and treated my wife and I like we were family. J.P. at the door went above and beyond to provide us wirh impeccable service that made are visit to NY City a rememberable one. Will absolutely stay here again

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sightsee08702563904
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Thank you for your review! I'm thrilled to read Gloria and the rest of our team made you feel like family, we hope the Fifty Hotel & Suites will bey our new "Home in Manhattan!"

Reviewed July 2, 2019

This hotel is truly the best hotel in NYC! Our suite was truly amazing with stunning views! The staff was the kindest, sweetest, most accommodating group of professionals I have ever dealt with (especially Jasmine)! The wine hour was so friendly, and great coffee in the morning! I will NEVER stay anywhere else! I have stayed in several hotels in New York over the years, and this is the finest!

Room tip: We had a suite on the 20th floor. Beyond spectacular views! No concrete walls!
1  Thank Paula5524
bgehlich, General Manager at Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Thank you for your review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the view from our one of our Terrace Suites, we agree it's definitely an amazing way to see Manhattan! Jasmine, along with the rest of our team will be thrilled to read that we are your new hotel of choice when traveling in NYC, and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Wonderful staff.
Room was spacious.
Housekeeping great.
Lots of clean towels, and beds made and changed.
Air conditioning not great and noisy.
Noisy air conditioning units outside window - earplugs provided as standard I believe!

Room tip: Room 813 - spacious but noisy
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim B

Thank you for your review! I'm thrilled to read overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the room spacious and clean. We hope we'll have another chance to welcome you back to the Fifty Hotel & Suites!