“Delicious vegan sushi!”
Review of Beyond Sushi

Beyond Sushi
Ranked #1,294 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Meatpacking District
Description: Beyond Sushi is a plant-based, health conscious eatery that celebrates the flavors and beauty of locally-sourced, seasonal produce. Founded by renowned Chef, Guy Vaknin, and his wife, Tali, Beyond Sushi offers an assortment of distinctive sushi rolls and other nutritional staples at their three outposts in Manhattan. Chef Guy and his culinary team fuse unconventional pairings of fruit and vegetables with whole grains to create sushi rolls, rice paper wraps, hand rolls, salads, healthy sweets, and hand-pressed juices. Beyond Sushi strives to popularize a modern approach to traditional sushi by crafting intricate and wholesome dishes that are as pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate. Our mission is to promote a sustainable, all-natural, and compassionate way of eating. Our promise is to refresh and nourish your bodies while creating a new standard of clean eating. Our vision is to create a world in which society will better their daily eating habits and reduce their ecological footprint.
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

At this take-out place in Chelsea Market you can get vegan sushi! And since Beyond Sushi offers only 100% plantbased sushi, it's not easy making a choice, but so wonderful to have that many options :-)
Being a sushi fan before becoming vegan, this was really a revalation, I enjoyed every bite!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This was an outstanding meal.

The fun-guy dumplings are the best vegetarian dumplings I’ve had anywhere (I’ve been to China 5 times and eaten dumpling banquets even).

I also had a sampler. Four interesting and tasty pieces

Reviewed June 26, 2018

I cannot confirm with certainty that the meal I ate from Beyond Sushi came from this exact location. There are several locations and my meal from there was catered. It was awesome, though, regardless of which storefront it came from. So thrilled to enjoy an entirely vegan sushi/Japanese restaurant. The sushi was gorgeous - colorful, fresh, enticing, delicious. The seaweed salad was a hit. We also had some little skewers of some sort of soy product - not sure if ti was cubes of very firm tofu or perhaps seitan. These cubes were a little dry and uninteresting. The sushi stole the show for me. I would love to dine in at one of the locations soon and enjoy the food once again.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

This strictly vegan place has some of the coolest fusion street food around. The colors are amazing, the taste is great, and it's all prepared fresh right in fron of the customer.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Such a fantastic concept. Plant based sushi that is inventive and varied. I love sushi but being vegan the choice is ordinarily very small. Not here! Really inventive and creative. I wish that this was in UK where I live. The server was so nice and friendly both the times that I visited. Think I may go again tomorrow!! It isn’t a sit down restaurant (which would be amazing) more quick take out lunch. Loved it!! Thank you Beyond Sushi