“Tell the kitchen to get its act together”
Review of Pure Food and Wine - CLOSED

Pure Food and Wine
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 17th Street
Transit: 4,5,6, N,Q,R,W and L trains to Union Square
“Tell the kitchen to get its act together”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Service was lovely food spectacular but took forever to get the food. Serious management issues in that kitchen!

• Visited August 2014

Toronto, Canada
“A must visit restaurant in NYC!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This restaurant is quite amazing....raw or not! Even if you are a meat-lover, you need to try this restaurant.
Had a perfect meal with 3 friends. We all ordered different dishes so we could share and compare. Each dish was delicious and fantastic; the group consensus on the favourites were:
Appy: Kale sushi rolls - better than most 'real' sushi I have ever had (and I love sushi, and have been to Japan)
Entree: Tamales.....wow! So filling and delicious.
To end we all shared a brownie/ice cream thing that was also to die for!
The back patio is simply an oasis, we forgot we were in the bustle of NYC.
Our server was a delight and went with her suggestions - she did not let us down!
As others have said, it's not cheap. But nothing is in NYC. Some people think that raw/vegan restaurants shouldn't be as expensive as steak but this food is organic, top quality, healthy and a great deal of preparation goes in to the dishes. Flavours are complex and balanced
A must try.

• Visited August 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Mind blowing ”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The food is phenomenal the vegetarian kale sushi rolls are to die for and the lasagna is amazing finally the chocolate cake was simply heavily can eat there every single day of my life

Eureka
“This restaurant makes me wish I lived in NYC”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been trying to convince my daughter to try raw food for a while. On our trip to NY, we tried Pure Food and Wine. We ordered the Prix Fixe lunch and each of us tried different menu so we could share more dishes. The very friendly server gave my daughter great advice in making her choices and we were glad we chose the swan greens and red ginger juices too. Zucchini and Tomato lasagna was my favorite. My daughter loved the tortilla wraps and non dairy ice cream. She could't believe it was not made with cream. If I am ever back in Manhattan, I will definitely come back. The atmosphere and the service were great, the food was perfect.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice but very pricey for what it is”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had a lovely raw food lasagne and nice glass of wine. We shared a dessert between four of us and it still came to $64 each which I thought was a crazy price really for what we had. The icecream was also not that great. I suppose I was looking for something that would be as nice as normal dessert. None of us liked it unfortunately although we all liked the lasagne. Sorry Pure food!

• Visited July 2014