“I guess it depends what you are into...”
Review of Pure Food and Wine - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 17th Street
Transit: 4,5,6, N,Q,R,W and L trains to Union Square
Reviewed December 26, 2012

if you're a raw, vegan aficionado, ignore this review. I'm sure you'll love this place. If you're only trying to be open minded and going with your raw, vegan aficionado friend, tread carefully. We hated this meal, meaning the five out of the six of us that were not vegans. the presentation was great, i got the vegan lasagna (their best seller) - the first bite was great, but after that, it's a whole plate of mush with more mush. there are vegan places i like, cafe gratitude in LA, M Cafe, etc., but i not only left this place hungry, but my stomach was a mess for the next 24 hours. and it wasn't cheap. and to make it all worse, they have adorable photos of animals on the wall that only made me hungrier.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to eat here ever since I bought Sarmas first cookbook. Pure was everything we were hoping for. From walking up to the restaurant to walking out....we had the perfect time. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. The appetizer (Philly avocado roll) was plate-licking good! I had the portobello mushroom dish for dinner and my husband had the zucchini lasagna...we shared both and finished every bite. For dessert, we shared the apple cranberry crisp w/ vanilla ice cream...Oh my gosh, what a treat -- you will be floored that there is not a bit of dairy in it! (-: You will NOT be disappointed...we are going again tonight!!! (-:

Reviewed December 17, 2012

What a wonderful place! A group of 4 of us got a change to dine in the private room past the kitchen. Gorgeous, serene, great food and service. I was impressed!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent vegetarian dining experice. Cosy atmosphere. Excellent service. From appetitziers through dessert -excellent presentation and delicious dishes. If you have a big appetite -you may still be hungry after you dinner. Excellent drinks.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is by far my favourite restaurant in the whole world - and I've eaten at a few. I'm from England so can only eat here when we are in New York, but it never disappoints, the combinations of flavours are sublime - how do they do it? The waiting staff are knowledgeable and helpful, and it's always busy so I'm obviously not the only fan.

There are 2 small downsides to this culinary experience - it is a little noisy and like most New York restaurants the tables are a little close together (remember i'm a Brit so like my personal space). That aside I can't understand why the Michelin inspectors haven't graced the establishment with a star - it's food is certainly considerably better than a number of one and two starred restaurants that I could name.

To enjoy the experience at it's best - book well in advance, ask to be shown the kitchens (they're a revelation) and have the tasting menu.

When do you open in London?