“REQUIRED DESTINATION EVERYTIME WE VISIT”
Review of J. G. Melon

J. G. Melon
Ranked #1,594 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed July 5, 2018

Thousands of restaurants in NYC but JG Melon is one our favorites for BURGERS and Cottage Fries. Pies are great. You won't be disappointed. WARNING: NO CREDIT CARDS, CASH ONLY!!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 26, 2018

I've been to JG's many times and I always have a great experience there! While their burgers are not my favorite in the city, I do love the casual atmosphere and the service is always solid. I've only ever came for lunch and I typically get the Chili and share the burger with my husband. The food is pretty standard and basic, but I recommend you stop by if you are in Greenwhich and are looking for a casual, relaxed lunch or dinner spot!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Nice decor, good service, the burger was ok, rather small. The quality/price not so good. Cash only.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Hands down best burger ever. It holds up very well for delivery too if you are lazy to go out to the actual restaurant . My go-to , once a week

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

J.G.Melon is not going to make it to the top fifty any time soon, but it is a great place to visit for a good hamburger. OK, so you’ll have to wait a long time for a table in a cramped bar. Then they’ll sit you somewhere in the corner and refuse your credit cards. But some people say they serve the best hamburgers in NYC. Or is it the world? And why not?

Date of visit: April 2018