“Magic Pizza Shop”
Review of Brunetti Pizza

Brunetti Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Brunetti Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,146 of 14,429 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Brunetti Pizza is as real as it gets: fresh ingredients, family recipes, a curated wine and beer menu and of course a whole lot of passion. Sure a hand-built wood-burning oven helps too. Steps away from the Whitney Museum, The High Line and Chelsea Market. Bring your friends, pull up a chair, find what you love and eat it.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Authentic Italian Pizza in 90 seconds, delicious. I have eaten here before and order pizza for delivery from this family owned restaurant on multiple occasions. But last night I brought a friend for his birthday and we sat at the chef's counter/bar for a change of scene. That gave us the opportunity to watch the creation of the pizzas, but more enjoyably to watch the chef owner Jason place and tend the pizzas in the oven. I hadnt imagined that the pizza could and would cook perfectly in 90 secondsa, but it magically did. Now the speed of the cooking does not imply the speed of the meal, we were there for three hours, enjoying wine, a fantastic cheese and meat plate, fresh and delicious artichoke salad and too many bottles of wine. While we could have enjoyed a quick meal, we didnt want to and the staff was more than happy to interact with us and time the meal to our tempo. I always enjoy sitting at the local chefs counters and watching the process of food preparation. What I particularly liked about this restaurant, and what made it so specal, was the obvious attentiveness of the chef/owner and his staff. I eat out too often, this restaurant reminds me why.

The pizza is not a traditional NY pie, they are slightly large individual pizzas (I finished mine, but it is large for one person) with a tender savory crust that obtains a smoky flavor in the oven. The Spetzie, spicy sausage, cheese, brocolini and broccholi rabe, pizza is unique and a personal favorite, but there are many options to suite any taste.

Finally, the Zeppoli reminded me of those my mother made on Christmas Eve. After we left the restarant and were walking home we discussed another friend's opinion that birthday dinners needed to be at fancy extravagant restaurants. While there is a place for such dinners, we all agreed that this was the perfect setting for a delicious and enjoyable birthday dinner and for us it was far better than any uptight extravagant meal.

2  Thank Ralph R

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

To be honest the impetus for us choosing this charming little place was 2-fold 1-it was a great deal on savored & 2- it was a straight shot on the m11 from the uws. We braved ridiculously cold temps & blustering snow to arrive to a completely empty restaurant on a sat afternoon where everyone else had the good sense to stay home. But it was their loss and our gain!
Wonderfully warm reception & prompt & efficient service. Great bread, terrific wine (from LI???)from a tap no less...great house made buratta salad, exceptional pizza w/ethereal crust & an amazing tres con leche chocolate cake to wrap things up. Chatted w Jason one of the owners-a terrific experience overall, we'll be back soon. Try it!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Walked past this restaurant a couple times on our way to our sons appartment in Perry Street and we thought it looked really cosy. We were staying nearby at The Gansevoort so this restaurant was only a short walk away. Anyway we had a free evening and thought we would give it a try. Well we certainly weren't diisappointed. We ordered the Cavolini di Bruxelles a pizza made with baby roasted bruxelle sprouts (we Brits love our sprouts!) and it was delicious - probably the best pizza ever. We have been to Naples and sampled their pizzas and this was just as good perhaps even better. The restaurant itself has a nice relaxes vibe and we will certainly visit Pizzeteria Brunetti again when we next visit NYC

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thanks to a quick recommendation by a local.... Literally upstairs from here, we hailed a cab from Times Square and brought our family of 4 to this perfect pizza spot. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and staff who had been "warned" of our arrival.... and with 2 tired girls in tow it was perfect to be sat immediately and brought a fantastic bottle of wine. Thank you for your hospitality and amazing food. The Funghi e Cipolla could be a staple in my menu, I can't wait to get back to NYC- just to have more. Best to you in your newest venture and bring a location to Dunwoody, GA... You already have loyal clientele there!!

1  Thank MBB2014
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is their second restaurant and will not be their last;
I hate giving away a secret so special, I'm going to wish I hadn't but I simply cannot hold back from sharing.
This is the real deal; if you've been to Naples, Italy and know what fresh Pizza is all about, then you have to visit Pizzeteria Brunetti on Jane Street in the West Village; Combine the freshest ingredients, an authentic wood burning pizza oven from Italy and the most talented pizza makers;
That's it folks.