“Great fun Great music” 4 of 5 bubbles

$93.75*
and up
Beautiful On Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Long before she was Carole King, chart-topping music legend, she was Carol Klein, Brooklyn girl with passion and chutzpah. She fought her way into the record business as a teenager and, by the time she reached her twenties, had the husband of her dreams and a flourishing career writing hits for the biggest acts in rock 'n' roll. But it wasn't until her personal life began to crack that she finally managed to find her true voice.
Oak Park, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun Great music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Enjoyed it very much. Musical trip down memory lane. My daughter enjoyed watching me relive the soundtrack of my life.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“It will take you back in time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The audience demographic was heavily weighted toward my own: female in my early 60s. I saw Carole King in concert at Princeton University during a college vacation, and I loved her music then as I do now. What is surprising about this retrospective is realizing the number of songs she co-wrote and wrote for other people. Two of my favorite James Taylor songs were written by Carole.
The set was brilliant. The costuming was clever. The singing was nostalgic with a comic twist. Despite disappointment and sadness in her life, Carole King's story was told with humanity and humor. I don't know if my husband would have enjoyed it as much as I due to some of the shrill dialogue, but he would have enjoyed the music and learning about songwriting in the 60s.

Florham Park, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"A great time on Broadway!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is an very enjoyable show filled with great talent and "beautiful " music! The performances by Jessie Mueller, as Carole King and Jarrod Spector, as singer/song writer, Barry Mann were especially outstanding. This show is well acted and the vocal performances are great, making each scene meaningful. The show is packed with the wonderful songs of Carole King that take you back to her humble beginnings! Everyone in the audience was on their feet, applauding, singing and moving to the beat, at the curtain call! The sure sign of a great show and a memorable evening!!

New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“LIVELY AND FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Carole King's life story is pretty amazing, and the music she created is pretty amazing, too.
It was easy to see how much the audience loved the show, just as we did.

East Rockaway, New York
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was one of the most enjoyable shows I ve seen on Broadway in a long time. The performances were wonderful. I felt as though I was watching Carole King. The music was
incredible. I was transported back in time! I went home and listened to myTapestry album which now has new meaning to me. Do not miss seeing this!!!!