4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$225
Hampton$225
Priceline$225
Lol.travel$262
2,601 results
All reviews penn station great location new york free breakfast rooms are small yogurt breakfast room front desk staff would definitely stay here again around the corner few blocks msg manhattan inns luggage closet square
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

I would give them 3 stars if not for the very pleasant front desk lady who very sweet and courteous and also went out of her way to make my stay comfortable.

First of all the rooms are very comfortable and big for NYC standards. The breakfast was good and the location is great. Parking is across the street and you get a discounted rate if you stay at the hotel. There is a subway very close to the hotel so it is in a great location.

The problem started when I wanted to turn on the AC. I realized that my room did not have a thermostat and no means of controlling the temp. I called the front desk staff and the maintenance guy showed us how to TEMPORARILY use the settings on the unit and said he will get us a remote soon. We were in the room for almost two hours but no one came by. We left to explore the city and when we got back, we still did not have a remote. I spoke with the front desk (this time another lady, the night front desk associate) who informed us that the unit is not responding to any thermostats that they have and that best she can do is change us to another room the next day. The problem is without a thermostat I have no means of controlling the temperature that night which means I am left with guessing the settings and hoping it doesn't get too cold or too warm. She did not even bother to apologize for the inconvenience.

The next day, the electrician comes by and said this should have only taken 5 minutes and brought us a thermostat immediately. This makes me think that what I was told the previous night about thermostats not responding was not true, they probably did not have an electrician available at that time of the night. If that was the case, I would have rather been told that. After all this hassle, the thermostat still wasn't controlling the temperature properly but at that point, we just decided to deal with it because we were tired of having to deal with this My family members who stayed in another room also had issues with their thermostat so it wasn't an isolated issue.

Again, the reason I gave the room 4 stars instead of 3 is because of the first front desk associate who checked us in, she made it a point to check up on us the next day and is the reason I believe the electrician even showed up in the first place and is also the reason I will go back and stay with them again. She is amazing and she went out of her way to give us a bag with couple of bottles of water, a bag of chips and a bag of cookies. It did not help my AC issues but I do appreciate the gesture. I will stay with them again but will check the AC the minute I walk into the room so that I can ask for a room change immediately if I need to.

Room tip: Check AC the minute you get to the room
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank vidyas359
wilcast88, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your NYC accommodations! We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay however are very happy you enjoyed our location. We hope you choose our hotel in the future should you be in the New York City area!

Reviewed May 13, 2019

We have stayed at this hotel before, rooms are always clean, staff is very friendly and breakfast is a bonus! Front desk staff went out of their way to get us a room at 1130am instead of waiting until 3pm, which was great after a very early morning train ride in to the city!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie C

Thank you so much for your 5-STAR review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to meet all of your needs. Our team works hard daily to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We are so pleased you enjoyed our clean rooms and location. We look forward to your future stays with us

Reviewed May 9, 2019

This hotel was great! Very clean and centrally located. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay great. Bathroom nice size and clean. Beds comfortable! Breakfast was provided. Check in/out process easy!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Y9901VVjamies
Justine P, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Dear Y9901VVjamies,

Reviewed May 8, 2019

I agree with the reviews about this Hampton. Super convenient location to the subway, shopping, and restaurants. Hotel staff was very accommodating, and pleasant to work with. The rooms were somewhat small but we make it work. The breakfast was well done and was a great way to start a busy day. There were always good protein options.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth Y

Dear Elizabeth Y,

Thank you so much for your AMAZING review! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to meet all of your needs. We appreciate all of your feedback to make improvements for the future. Our team works hard daily to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We are so pleased you enjoyed our and location. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed May 4, 2019

This hotel has a very good location, just a few blocks from Penn Station. From Penn Station you can get just about anywhere in Manhattan and some of the other burroughs.
Breakfast offerings are relatively mediocre and the breakfast room is normally very crowded.
Staff is excellent, rooms are small but clean and check in/out is efficient.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank William A
Justine P, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear William A,