We stayed in the Hampton Inn – Madison Square Garden on the last stop of our trip to America. We arrived by train from Vermont and the hotel is a 10 minute walk from Penn Station (and easy to get to). They have recently been doing some building work around the hotel but there is just empty land (no noise) at the moment.
We had booked online last year and paid extra for a city view room but the reception staff advised us that they no longer offered city view rooms but we were not offered a discount on the price we had paid. The room was clean and a fair size (for a room in New York, we’ve stopped in smaller rooms). The hotel is in a good location and Broadway, the Empire State Building and other tourist places are well within walking distance. A bonus for this hotel is the breakfast included in the price, it’s not amazing but its good and you can help yourself to a variety of options.
I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn, its more affordable than many hotels, the breakfast is a bonus and it’s in a good location. I would have given it 5 stars if I had been informed that they no longer offered city view rooms and I had been given a discount on the room fee that I had paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just one block from Madison Square Garden, this newly refreshed, modern hotel provides a great location for travelers looking to be walking distance to some of Manhattan’s top attractions. Catch concerts and games at MSG or walk to The Fashion Institute of Technology and see the latest fashions in the Garment District. Guests can walk to Penn Station which serves many of the city’s major subway lines and be anywhere in the city within minutes including top destinations like Times Square, Central Park and Broadway theatres. Guests will enjoy complimentary breakfast, high speed internet access, a modern fitness center and our well-equipped business center. After you’ve spent the day taking in the sights and sounds of the city, enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in a comfortable Hampton bed®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Madison Square Garden Hampton Inn
- New York City Hampton Inn