Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our stay was everything that one could expect from the Hampton Inn, which is why we chose it. The location was great: walking distance to Penn Station and Madison Square Garden and just a short walk to the subway at Herald Square/Macy's. The room was clean and quiet; however, it was a bit stuffy. We did not get a coffee or cup refill from housekeeping, but that did not affect our stay. There were only two of us in the two double bed room and it was a perfect size for us. However, for a family of four, with teenagers, perhaps, it would be a squeeze. There was a small wardrobe, no closet or dresser; no tub, only a shower. If you are there to see the sights, you will not spend much time in your room anyway. The beds were comfortable; the front desk staff were extremely helpful; and the complimentary breakfast was great. Overall, we had a fantastic stay and would choose this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MPH7405
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed being here. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to New York City.

Hunter Angus D. Glass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was very close to Madison Square Garden. The room was very small, but the bed was luxurious and the decor was nice and fun. The staff was great and it was easy to catch a cab from the front door. The view was not great, but not bad either. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Super-Constance
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you choose to stay with us when you return to New York.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is it's location. While it is not my favorite part of the city, it is pretty much centrally located so that nothing seems far away. It's great if you are coming into Penn Station on a train. I was there just prior to Christmas and took a train from Penn station to see TSO at the Prudential Center in Newark. It was perfectly convenient both coming & going.
If you like to walk the city, as I do, most everything is within a reasonable walking distance. North to Times Square, south to the Village, etc. If you don't like to walk several subway lines are nearby to take you anywhere you wish to go. Plus, there are many decent bars and restaurants within a block or two of the hotel entrance. Including a cafe right across the street. I found my room to be comfortable & clean. Not too big. Not too small. Heating was fine. The staff was friendly & professional. I was permitted to check into my room even though I had arrived 2 hrs early. It was on the 10th floor facing 31st street but I was not bothered by noise at night. Didn't wake up for breakfast so I can't comment. Way too many good bars in NYC to be up early enough for breakfast. Also, did not use parking. All things considered it was a nice stay. I spent three nights there & wouldn't hesitate to stay in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DrunkenYank
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Many people comment on how centrally located we are and how easy it is to get around the city from here, thanks. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the staff here and the local restaurants and things to do.

I hope that you will stay with us again.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a great little hotel. Rooms are small, but efficient. Beds were clean and comfy. Windows do open if you feel they are stuffy. Free breakfast and wi-fi were a great bonus. Nice location, easy to get around the city from this location. Front desk staff were helpful with directions and suggestions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review of your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope to see you when you return to New York City!

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great location for any events at MSG, parking is safe and close and discounted by the hotel...breakfast was fantastic, warm cookies in evening, very helpful staff at the front desk....would definitely stay again !! Remember you are in NY the rooms are small but cosy !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim F
Dear Guest,

Aren't those cookies YUMMY! I have to force myself to stay away from them! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and LOVE the breakfast! Please stay with us again when you return to New York!

Hamilton, Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great location close to PEN station and great breakfast and free Internet access, I'll stay again most likely. Free breakfast and fresh cookies provided each day was a nice touch. The front desk staff were very keen and handled all arrangements timely. All of the facilities were clean and tidy. The room I had had on the 19 floor (top floor) had two double beds and was very close quarters for sure. Keep in mind that the rooms are a lot smaller than they look in the advertised photos.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller than you would think in the photos, especially those with two beds in them.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ryan F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review. Yes, out rooms are small, but as you pointed out, they are clean and cozy and nicely furnished. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will stay with us next time you are in New York!

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

All I an say is that I cannot wait to go back! The service in this hotel was absolutely amazing. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This was my first time to NYC and as a lone traveler I didnt really know what to expect. I got to the hotel after having been awake many hours, with a flight from San Fran to NYC. As soon as I told the reception staff, he quickly checked me in and told me to go up and rest (very thoughtful and efficient I might add). The breakfast every morning is fantastic with a wide (and i mean super wide) selection of food to choose from. The staff can't really do enough for you. The room was spotless clean, bathroom was immaculate with mouthwas, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner given with MORE than enough towels. The only thing I will say about the bed sheets are that they do get quite static and you will end up getting electric shocks! I think this needs to be improved, but what is this compared to a 5* service? the heating and air conditioning worked perfectly, although didnt really use the AC much as it was about -8 degrees celsius. Our cleaner always left me lovely sweets in my room, good for the road when your walking about 12 miles a day, the sugar rush is always good. Lovely little coffee machine in the room with more than enough supplies. You get a welcoming smile every morning from the reception and breakfast staff. I had a good chit chat with the reception staff who were really interested to know who i was, what I was doing, where I came from, how i found New York etc. You won't have a problem and I really cannot wait to stay here again! Thanks again for having me and for such a wonderful experience! It really has been fantastic!

Room Tip: I was in Room 402. It was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It made my day to read this review that you wrote! Thank you. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I especially love to hear that our Team took good care of you and you enjoyed our service. The most important thing that we have total control over is our service, so hearing how much you enjoyed us, makes me very happy indeed.

Thank you again.