Choosing a hotel in NYC can be a very difficult thing. There are lots of high end extremely expensive hotels, above average very expensive hotels, and there are some questionable places. With the worry about bed bugs I researched this property before booking and it did not have any instances reported. Some of the ritzier hotels can not claim that!
The Hampton Inn is conveniently located about one block from Madison Square Gardens/Penn Station. It is clean, reasonably priced (I used my AAA for a discount), offers a nice breakfast and the staff was pleasant and welcoming. I rated it high because compared to other hotels I looked at, this was a great choice for the value, had no bugs and I was very pleased.
Typical for the crowded city, the room was small and the bath was a shower only. No big deal for me as it was only a place to sleep. I got a room with two "queen" beds. The bed was comfortable enough...nothing special... and the actual bed size was more full/ double and not at all near a queen size. Over-sized travelers be warned! The towels were older and not very fluffy but they were clean and I had enough of them. Only negative in the bath was there were no cups for rinsing after brushing my teeth.
The breakfast was very nice. Eggs, make your own waffles, muffins and toast, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, juices and coffee/tea were available. I am sure I missed some items too. Everything was fresh and plentiful and the breakfast area was bright and clean.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just one block from Madison Square Garden, this newly refreshed, modern hotel provides a great location for travelers looking to be walking distance to some of Manhattan’s top attractions. Catch concerts and games at MSG or walk to The Fashion Institute of Technology and see the latest fashions in the Garment District. Guests can walk to Penn Station which serves many of the city’s major subway lines and be anywhere in the city within minutes including top destinations like Times Square, Central Park and Broadway theatres. Guests will enjoy complimentary breakfast, high speed internet access, a modern fitness center and our well-equipped business center. After you’ve spent the day taking in the sights and sounds of the city, enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep in a comfortable Hampton bed®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Madison Square Garden Hampton Inn
- New York City Hampton Inn