3 people are viewing this hotel
$269
Hotels.com$279
Priceline$279
Trip.com$282
All reviews greenwich village rooms are small charming hotel complimentary breakfast location is great yogurt lobby nyc closet slippers fixtures
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2017

My family and I were delighted by virtually all aspects of this hotel outside of some of the less than friendly wait staff, who have already been mentioned here. Yes, the rooms are tiny, but this is NY! They're spotless, lovely, and very quiet; I'd be glad to stay here again. Comp breakfasts, when they do arrive, are delicious, too, though coffee could be better. Upholstered furniture in front room will need replacing soon, but what a sweet space it is to sit and be still. Thank you!

Room tip: If you are a large person or a couple, do not choose a Petite Full room; upgrade to Petite Queen.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the PH West. The location of the hotel was perfect close to the metro and the Washington Square Park. The hotel itself was quint and had a European feel to it. The room was large enough with an oversize balcony. Would definitely come back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Pros: Very clean and quiet.
Lots of character and well maintained.
Lovely complimentary breakfast served in the dining room. (Had to pay extra for gluten free toast...:(
Great location - quiet street
Extra amenities in the room ie. robe, slippers, umbrella, toothpaste
Cons: Room incredibly small for one person - didn't know where to put suitcase
Bed a bit too firm.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for biggest room possible
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank CAHartChicago_IL
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I love this hotel. It's so charming, visually stunning, clean and cozy. Especially perfect if you're traveling alone, as rooms are quite small.

My one and only complaint is the staff. I am always blown away by how rude there are. The receptionists are usually pleasant, but the wait staff is terrible. They act as if you're bothering them and are always so hard to find and flag down. I was especially irritated when I called over a waiter and he gave me the dirtiest look. He came over looking pissed off and didn't say one word... just a nod equivalent to "What do you want?". I asked if I could please have a cappuccino and he just said "K" and walked away before I could even utter the words "Thank you."

I also noticed a lack of attention to detail; I always had to ask for water, cutlery, etc. I paid a lot of money to stay at this hotel, so I expect a little hospitality... not asking anyone to bow down to me, but we all deserve respect and a simple smile. I shouldn't feel bad for asking for a coffee. However, I must say that the waitress with curly red hair was an absolute sweetheart and very attentive--the man who set aside my luggage was also very nice. They are both examples of how staff members should treat their clients. It's a lot easier to be kind than rude.

At the end of the day, I love the hotel and would give it a full 5 stars if the staff were somewhat decent. Marlton manager(s), please take a moment to speak with your employees. I'm really never one to complain, but they really need an attitude adjustment.

All that said, my stay was very nice. Not sure I'll be back for a 4th time though. I've reached the point where I'm beyond turned off by customer service. When it happens over and over and over and over again, you tend to become irritated.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ceecee89563
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

To stay at the marlton hotel is very nice position but there a few things you be aware of
Rooms already reported they are small but the bathrooms are virtually impossible to use it's literally 4 foot square plus a shower and you can't move
Breakfast pretty poor so we eat out each day
Staff super and buzzy hotel
But just keep it small