4 people are viewing this hotel
$269
Hotels.com$279
Priceline$279
Trip.com$282
All reviews greenwich village rooms are small charming hotel complimentary breakfast location is great yogurt lobby nyc closet slippers fixtures
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Let's get this out of the way - the rooms are small. Everyone says so, even the hotel's own website. I thought I'd be clever and book their best deluxe queen double; still small. I'm going to mark them down on one thing - if you're going to have small rooms, be smarter on the furniture. I could have done with a bedside cabinet with a cupboard and a drawer, rather than just a tiny table - so most of my personal items that couldn't fit on the table had to go on the floor, and maybe a small chair rather than a weird barrel thing to put clothes on (which kept falling off - onto the floor). You may not feel these problems as keenly if you had the luggage for a 2 nights or less stay.

Let's move on to everything else. It was simply excellent.

The location is perfect for the West Village, just yards from the Washington Square Arch. Short walks to good subway links. The rooms were made absolutely spotlessly clean, every day. The rooms were extremely well sound-proofed (from the other rooms and from the outside). I went in August - the air conditioning worked like a charm. There was good wi-fi everywhere (apparent by the loiterers in reception most of the day on their laptops). The lifts were a little slow if you had to get out (or back) in a hurry.

The breakfast was notable in its standard. I usually avoid complimentary breakfasts in NYC as they can be pretty basic and I feel like I'm settling for second rate, when I could go just about anywhere else. Here was different - the choice of 3 inclusive options was designed to showcase the quality of the restaurant. I wouldn't have paid the walk-in price mind, but I certainly appreciated the quality and the good service each day.

The lobby, bar and restaurant area in the hotel were very well presented and looked extremely popular. The crowd was a sensible one though; it's not raucous or anything like that.

Front desk were efficient and polite; luggage storage not a problem. There isn't the overbearing bellhop service you get in higher end places - and I'm a bit of DIY luggage carrier anyway - but I did see a couple of people who would have provided help if requested.

I could easily use this hotel again for future visits as its position, value for money and experience will be difficult to match in NYC.

Date of stay: August 2016
Leo G, Manager at The Marlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Hi Jon E,
Thank you for your review of The Marlton. I'm happy to hear your stay was enjoyable (apart from the size of the room). It's great to hear our air conditioning and wifi "worked like a charm". Please reach out to us directly should you decide to return, perhaps we can show you some of our larger room options.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

An ideal boutique hotel for downtown. Superbly located to the full spectrum downtown neighborhoods. The rooms are small but comfortable. A big plus is the superb lobby bar which is a destination for many locals as well.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi Bombaybeauty,
Thank you for your review of The Marlton. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our lobby bar. We hope to have you back in the Marlton "clubhouse" soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed during a snowstorm at the property. Staff was super welcoming. De'Marcus helped me with bags up to my room and Deanna did a wonderful job suggesting local eats that were actually open during the storm and called ahead to book us a table . Overall great experience. Would highly recommend for business or leisure.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi JWU2014,
Thank you for your lovely review of The Marlton! I'm especially happy to hear your compliments of Deanna & De'Marcus; they are two of our best.

We hope to have you back on property soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the charm of the hotel and friendly staff. The Marlton is located a short walk from Washington Square, NYU and lots of interesting restaurants.

It was our second stay in NYC and we very much enjoyed the ambience and relaxed feel of the Marlton companies to the busy midtown area where we had previously stayed.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmccaffe
Leo G, Manager at The Marlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

jmccaffe,
Thank you for your 5-star review of the Marlton. Having worked in midtown hotels, I understand where you are coming from!

We do hope to have you in our cozy confines sooner-rather-than-later.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Marlton was recommended by a friend, great downtown hotel...nice rooms, small as per NYC. Breakfast included , a great bar ..attracts a youngish crowd in the evenings. Marlton is just 5 minute walk from W 4 st station. Near Washington Square Park. All the Village has to offer is minutes away...Bars , Comedy Blues/Jazz and loads of restaurants...I visit NYC every year and this will be my new go to hotel. Easy access to everything NY has to offer...

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Jeffrigby56,
Thank you for your review of The Marlton. We are thrilled to hear you found your new 'go-to' hotel!

We hope to have you back on property soon!