“Excellent”

Giorgio's of Gramercy
Reserve with OpenTable
Giorgio's of Gramercy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #766 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between Park Ave South and Broadway
Transit: The R, W & 6 Subways to 23rd Street.
Description: Giorgio's of Gramercy is one of Zagat's top rated restaurants in the Gramercy Park neighborhood. Our eclectic American menu will not disappoint. Our philosophy at Giorgio’s of Gramercy is to serve quality food using only the freshest of ingredients at great value. We offer menus that are creative, yet simple and earthy.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was fantastic--I'd definitely recommend the mussels. The desserts were also unreal. Such a good find!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Giogio's on Friday 9th of August, we managed to get a reservation with only a couple of hours notice. The service, food, atmosphere and overall experience was excellent. The staff were highly attentive, knowledgable and friendly.

I would definately recommend this place.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I returned to Giorgio's to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. This place is special to us because we had our first date here. We couldn't believe it was still open after so many years. But I could see why, the food was delicious just as we remembered it, if not better--and our waitress was so sweet and accommodating. The host/manager was so welcoming and even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate. I have already told my friends all about it. Highly recommend Giorgio's.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last evening, my husband and I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at Giorgio's of Gramercy.
Our experience was wonderful.
First, we shared a delicious arugula salad topped with crispy prosciutto, goat cheese fritters, pecans and a delicious raspberry vinaigrette. The dressing was nice and light and enhanced rather than masked the flavors of the rest of the ingredients.
For our entree, we shared the porterhouse steak for two. The nicely seasoned, 2" thick steak was presented sliced from the bone but with the bone on the plate. It was slightly over cooked but that was fine. It came with two sauces, a chimichurri and a gorgonzola sauce. Both were very tasty but I loved the gorgonzola sauce. Rich, creamy and smooth. I wish I had still been hungry because I would have chewed on the bone when the rest of the meat was gone. :) The entree included two side dishes and we selected grilled asparagus and the goat cheese polenta. Asparagus was the perfect texture and nicely seasoned. The polenta was also very good and we finished it all. I would have preferred a little more goat cheese flavor.
Our server, Amy, was attentive but not overbearing. Her suggestions were helpful and made our decisions easier. Using our Groupon was simple and Amy's service was not negatively influenced by the fact that we were using it.
This was one of the best meals we have had at a restaurant in a long time.

1  Thank Ann Z
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant on Open Table. We celebrated our anniversary there during a weekend visit to NY. Everything about it was top notch -- food, atmosphere, and service. I can't say enough about our waiter, Ernesto. Friendly, attentive, but not hovering. The host was also attentive, as were the rest of the staff. A very nice, romantic place.