“fishy italian”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 18, 2012

had been recommended this place by bus tour guide. very authentic italian with lots of fish dishes. lovely food. packed on a saturday, no reservations, so had to queue up with others. similar for other restaurants close by it seems.

Reviewed November 12, 2007

I found out about Pesce Pasta from a coupon on the Playbill Clubs website. I printed out the coupon for 20% off of our meal and made reservations. My fiancee and I caught an early show and headed there for dinner.

Upon first impression the place was great, Small, quaint, homey, we loved it.

The owner told us the specials, though we could barely understand him. We did understand him though when we offered him our coupon and he yelled at us saying that he cancelled that two weeks ago.

About 15 minutes later a waiter finally came and asked us if we wanted something to drink. He offered us sparking or flat water. I told him regular water was fine. He poured water out of a bottle for us.

About 15 minutes later the waiter finally came back and took our order.

Our food came, it was okay, not amazing.

We sat for about 20 minutes after we had finally finshed out meal, when we finally got our bill it was $86. They had not used the coupon and the bottle of "regular water" was $7.

Not my favorite place. . .

Reviewed April 1, 2007

A complete and pleasant surprise for me and my family, who usually go to Little Italy for Italian food. It's in a most unlikely spot, but well worth the hunting to find it. Issac, the host, was just superb...sharing some things off the menu at no charge to see how we would like them. He even talked me out of my favorite Chianti Classico (Ruffino Ducale Oro) and had us try a Spanish red for $20 less per bottle that he promised was better. He was right!

The grilled squid apetizer was out of this world. Most of my group had seafood (both the pasta and risotto) which they all enjoyed. To be different, I tried the veal chop which was somewhat non-descript. But for the money (entrees are $15-20), this place is a real find especially for Italian style seafood. A boon to the theatre goer who wants good Italian food and warm hospitality without schlepping down to Mulberry St. and back before the show.