“Great service, atmosphere and food”
Review of Evergreen on 38

Evergreen on 38
Ranked #4,381 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Found this restaurant while walking around. It had a great atmosphere. Waiter gave us three different appetizers that were free and very refreshing. Food was very good! Staff was friendly. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Order the shrimp in Grand Marnier sauce ! The shrimp are GIGANTIC and scrumptious. Or the crispy chili beef! A great meal, reasonably priced . You will see a lot of Chinese patrons here... The food is very good.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprised. Great food and great service. We had dumplings, abardeen crab, garlic wih green vegetables, and pork with tofu. All dishes were well prepared and delicious. A must visit if you like authentic Chinese food. It's comparable to Toronto Chinese town

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Two excellent meals with very attentive staff. Crispy beef especially nice and chicken in a hit skillet with ginger.
Highly recommend.
Near times square and 5th ave

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a horrible experience at this resturant on the 38th street 5th ave last week. We discovered that a dish ordered by someone else (to go dish) was charged to our bill. This resturant also over charged us compared to the prices on their menu they send to the public and online menu on menupages.com. I went back to the resturant on the next day to challenge the bill. The manager and the girl from the front desk treated me extremely rude. They made many excuses but none of the explanation was reasonable. For instance, they made excuses that 1) a tourist guy wanted us to add his dish to your bill..... (without speaking to us) 2) We added some extra material to your dish which made it more expensive than menu listed price (again, without speaking to us).........etc.
At the end, they did not have a choice and had to make a refund to me. When I further questioned the menu price, the front desk girl said to me that " don't ever come back to our resturant again...." and hung up the phone.

My advice to customers: watch your bill very carefully. Don't be fooled by their smile.
For me: I will certainly never go back that resturant again.

1  Thank Ann D