“Two good meals in one week.”
Review of Evergreen on 38

Evergreen on 38
Ranked #3,984 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
London, United Kingdom
“Two good meals in one week.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Two excellent meals with very attentive staff. Crispy beef especially nice and chicken in a hit skillet with ginger.
Highly recommend.
Near times square and 5th ave

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Overcharged bill and extreme rude service”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a horrible experience at this resturant on the 38th street 5th ave last week. We discovered that a dish ordered by someone else (to go dish) was charged to our bill. This resturant also over charged us compared to the prices on their menu they send to the public and online menu on menupages.com. I went back to the resturant on the next day to challenge the bill. The manager and the girl from the front desk treated me extremely rude. They made many excuses but none of the explanation was reasonable. For instance, they made excuses that 1) a tourist guy wanted us to add his dish to your bill..... (without speaking to us) 2) We added some extra material to your dish which made it more expensive than menu listed price (again, without speaking to us).........etc.
At the end, they did not have a choice and had to make a refund to me. When I further questioned the menu price, the front desk girl said to me that " don't ever come back to our resturant again...." and hung up the phone.

My advice to customers: watch your bill very carefully. Don't be fooled by their smile.
For me: I will certainly never go back that resturant again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Ann D
Louisiana
“Pleasant place”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

A fine mix of Chinese vegetarian and meat dishes, waiters are kept quite busy and very efficient; good prices too.

Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Real Chinese food, not American Chinese food”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Even though you see a lot of American customers, this place actually has a lot of dishes that tasted very authentic - unlike many other place in the neighborhood. Of course, they have American Chinese dishes as well, which I never order so I don't know what they taste like, but the authentic Chinese dishes are surprisingly good! I order the lunch special from here at least once a week and it's an unbelievable deal!

• Visited January 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good alternative in the aerea”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Good food, good service - a restaurant I have no problema to recommend to other travelers. Bevare of the crispy duck, the portions are large enough for at least two full grown scandinavians. I was just one...