“Eli Zabars first bakery is not to be missed”
Review of E.A.T.

E.A.T.
Ranked #4,244 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had to take home some bread and desserts and am I ever glad I did! Delicious, fresh, quality ingredients make delicious, high quality products. Had the rosemary ciabatta, almond croissant and bagels to take home. Mmmm mmmm.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just had breakfast here. Coffee and bagel etc.. The service was fast. Food was fine. The menu is expensive but, you are on Madison Ave in the Upper 80s-- it will cost more. The deli selection looked fantastic!! There are plenty of tables , old school tiled floor-- if you don't want to spend alot- go somewhere else.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ventured to this restaurant based on prior trip advisor reviews and the provenance associated with the Zabar culinary name. Housed in a neat building with plently of old school New York atmosphere, we walked passed the mouth watering selections of meats, cheeses and salad items to our table. Once inside service was attentive and the Asian waiter even said 'merci' to me (wow! inside a replica jewish deli) but once given the menus we experienced sticker shock. $24.00 for a roast beef sandwich, huh? When visiting NYC we are always prepared for high prices but for what this restaurant offers the pricing is way out of whack. We ended up sharing plates which worked okay but we still didn't get out of the place for less than $75.00 which is alot for 5 people sharing a lite lunch. Food good but way too expensive. My bad for not scouting the menu out more closely before we were all seated and settled.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food seems all home made the salads are fresh and the desserts are to die for. We happened to sit next to Mary Tyler Moore! Really!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Originally went there because Ina Garten from Food Network featured their grilled cheese & tomato soup as One of the Best Things I've Ever Eaten - and it was! The deli counter in front has more than you could ever imagine and makes me wish I lived there again.
Menu has all kinds of delicious things. Service is not bad, but is not totally attentive or friendly either. All in all, a super find. I tend to order quite a bit, so it gets more expensive for me than it needs to.