“Just ok”

Chelsea Brewing Company
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was nothing exciting, but our server was very nice. It was FREEZING inside like we were sitting outside with no breeze. I wore my coat on my lap and my scarf throughout dinner and wad still cold. I had a burger.... The fries were awesome and fresh, but burger did not have much flavor and was chewy. Hubby enjoyed his sampler beers and bbq chicken pizza. With there being so many restaurants in NYC, we will not be going back.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great beer selection. Great atmosphere. Friends and I have been here a couple times and enjoyed it very much both times. Accommodates large groups. Will surely be back!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This brewpub is located at a great spot, and the views of the water and the boats we had during lunch were fantastic. I really enjoyed the Pumpkin Pie beer as well as our warm pretzel appetizer, but unfortunately, that was about it. The server was extremely odd and acted as if we were bothering him by placing our orders. The menu options were pretty standard fare, and they didn't taste that great. The brewery tour after lunch was free, which is always nice, but, it wasn't a tour so much as a beer lecture. I wouldn't break my neck to go here again, but, I would if I had to.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Turned a missed birthday Spirit Dinner Cruise into a joyous 86th birthday celebration. Very nice servers, customer oriented, with views of the river and docks as well as reasonably priced good food.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We googled things to do and Chelsea Brewing company gives free tours on certain days! We went on a Saturday-- just my friends (3 of us) and 2 more people. We got a free sip and a great explanation of how they brew beer. I don't get it, but it was YUMMY! We sat and had a pint, watched some football, and a good time by all of us. We are from Ohio but live PA and CT so the $10 small drink of rum and coke shocked us. I got a pretzel for $4 and it was yummy, but maybe only worth $3. Our service was fine-- he never came back to check on us (at the bar) but when we wanted something he noticed. I would go again. It was a nice place to be inside, see the views through the windows, and chat with friends.