“So nice, we did it twice”
Review of Via Della Pace

Via Della Pace
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Della Pace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st & 2nd Avenue
Transit: From Astor Place Station (6 Train): Proceed in east direction from Astor Place towards E 8th St (213ft). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th Street (0,2 mi). From 8th St- NYU (R W Train): Proceed in sud east direction from E 8th St. toward Lafayette street ( 0,1 mi). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th St.
Description: Via Della Pace is known for it’s unique and reasonably priced Italian cuisine, and for it’s extensive wine list and exclusive atmosphere. Truly one of the Lower East Side’s hidden gems, Via Della Pace offers great music and authentic food
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped by for a pre-show bloody mary and came back after the show for a thoroughly enjoyable dinner. Buon gusto! Reasonably priced chianti and pinot grigio (good pours) followed by an excellent salad to share, followed by a memorable pasta and a fresh and flavorful panini. The staff/management are Green Bay Packer fans so be prepared if the Pack is on TV. Good fun, great food and a reasonable check. How can you go wrong?

1  Thank Ed W
vdpnyc, Owner at Via Della Pace, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Thank you so much for leaving a review is good and bad on Via Della Pace and forgive our late reply . For those who have been good to us to inform you that we are still here and we are always happy to see old customers again . For those who have been hurt I apologize and hope you will give us a new opportunity to make you think again . THANK YOU ALL!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I pushed my husband to go to this restaurant based on the other reviews I read. He wanted to go to a local restaurant near our apt in Chelsea. After we left the restaurant he admitted that he was wrong and that he was sure this restaurant would be the highlight of his trip. It is so very quaint. The food was wonderful and we loved the wait staff. All in all a really fun evening.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Fantastic meal!

Some of the guests were running late and the staff were accomodating in keeping our table free when four of us had already arrived.

Staff were very good, particularly the really hot waiter!!!! The restaurant itself is gorgeous, with a little bit of rough around the edges but at night it's twinkling, and beautiful. A really great atmosphere inside, it was a little quiet when I first arrived (6pm) but soon got busy, clearly a gem in the East Village.

I ordered the trio of Brushetta which was incredible, seriously incredible!! I had a rear rib eye for main, and I am so pleased it didn't come with carbs, it was just the right amount, and so delicious, wonderful. For puds I got a tirimasu with a candle in as it was my BIrthday. That again was delicious and by chance exactly what I wanted as my desert!! A lovely gesture from the venue I thought! The atmosphere really picked up as the meal went on!

I tried other deserts too that my friends ordered and they too were delicious. I literally want to eat everything on this menu!!! I can't believe the price too, really very reasonable! $19 for the steak!!

The owner came over with limon cello for us all at the end of the meal and he personally wished me a happy birthday! Great!!

Definately one of the best meals I have ever had. Next time I go to NYC I will be visiting this place and I make it a mission to eat everything on the menu, not on one night but upon my return visits!!

Awesome!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had reserved this restaurant for a rehusal dinner. (we also celebrated my birthday party at the same time)
We got in contact with Marco and he was just so helpful in all ways, from helping us out with the menú to recomending a cake shop.
On the day Gio, just made us all so welcomed and everything just was perfect.
My fiancë and I checked out the restaurant before the day we had reserved and enjoyed each of our dishes and desserts.
On the day of our party (19 of us) we had the room downstairs which was ideal for the occasion and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was suberb and quality of food... perfect.
Maybe one of the best Italian Restaurants in NYC!!!

1  Thank Keyepps1305

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I ate here on a bitter cold Christmas Eve. The storefront is so charming from the outside, and cozy and inviting inside. Like a nouveau Bobo's from "Moonstruck." The place was empty when I arrived but soon filled up with a convivial crowd. The decor is intentionally haphazard, with mis-matched furniture. Sit in a window seat if you can.

They staff are personable and lovely and do not rush you at all, either at the start (when deciding what to order) or at the end (lingering over coffee/tea). It is a super laid-back atmosphere, in keeping with the East Village vibe. There was a nice selection of wines by the glass, and they were reasonably priced.

Unfortunately I have to give the food a mixed review. Bruscheta were very good. Have the bruscheta misti and then you can choose three of the many varieties. The three I had were all great, each one was a brilliant and thoughtful combination of toppings. On the downside, the bruscheta bread, rather than being crunchy toasted, was hard and chewy. The same goes for the complimentary bread (wide sort of bread sticks) served with self-serve oil and vinegar. It was so hard I could not soak up any oil with it. It needs to be soft and tear-able for the oil, and crispy for the bruscheta. I would have also liked something to flavor the olive oil, like garlic or chile peppers.

There was a Christmas Eve menu that looked intriguing, but apparently they weren't serving it until later in the evening. So for my entree I had the rigatoni with sausage, and it was disappointing. Because the atmosphere is wonderful and the service is terrific, I will probably give this place another try, and hope for a better food experience next time.

2  Thank shell202020