“Patrick is a Gem!”

Ranked #18 of 394 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: Rocco's Pastry & Espresso Café is now Pasticceria Rocco - Same family, same great authentic pastries! Come in and indulge in sweet tradition.
Reviewed December 3, 2014

I travel with my husband and another couple to Greenwich Village at least once a year for coffee and cannoli from Rocco's. Their coffee is so good, I'll drink it at 9 PM knowing it may keep me up half the night. I don't care. I need their coffee and cannoli, and I'm not particular on the time of day! This visit our coffee was served by Patrick. I am amazed that many of the staff have been at Rocco's since we began making our annual trips back in the 90's, though I don't know that I ever had the pleasure of meeting Patrick. Patrick has the most gorgeous smile and spirit I've encountered lately. His face just lit up the place and his smile the same. He was personable and helpful and talked to us about some of the history of the pasticceria, after I struck up a conversation with him. For instance, I didn't know that Frank and Patricia (owners) are in the shop daily. Go get some cookies or some cannoli or some cake of coffee. There's not a single item in those cases that I haven't tasted and loved. All fresh. All authentic. All worth the trip from Pennsylvania!

Date of visit: December 2014

Reviewed November 27, 2014

I recently did a Foods of NY tour - Pasticceria Rocco was the last stop. The sign out front reads "The World's Best Cannoli" - and they aren't lying; it was delicious. I saw on their menu that they did coconut custard pies, which happens to be my husband's favorite, so I got the bright idea to ask if they could ship desserts home in time for Thanksgiving. YES! The owner is delightful and checked to make sure the pricing was acceptable first before taking my order. Everything was a hit - I ordered mini cannoli, cheesecake, and a coconut custard pie. The cheesecake was the creamiest I have ever had; definitely not a traditional New York cheesecake. The coconut custard was fresh and delicious.. Pasticceria Rocco will be my go to for pastries from now on!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 24, 2014

Nice little bakery/cafe with wonderful cake and pastry selection. It is also quite reasonably priced.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 4, 2014

This is the place! Oh, my gosh! Diabetes looms just from reviewing the fare!!! Fantastic and friendly service, super selections and wonder atmosphere!!! We are headed back at the first instance...

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Ottimi dolci. I always bring back 2lb box of mixed cookies and pastries for my grandmother. We usually stop at Numero 28 for dinner then come to Rocco's for dessert.

Date of visit: October 2014